October TV fixtures

Could be the Sunday with Swansea pushed back a day to the Wednesday. I wouldn’t bank on it though. Of course, if we’ve already qualified for the CL knockout stage we could put a weaker team out against Shakhtar and an early Saturday kick-off against United might not be too much of an issue. For purely selfish reasons, I want it to be a Sunday game because I’m away in Germany until the Saturday so a 12.30 Sat game would mean me missing my first Old Trafford derby since 1995!

Well if you miss it I will buy your ticket off you if it is spare ;)

Isn't it quite rare for televised weekend derby games to be late in the day KO's ? In my mind I always think of them as early KOs , be it Sat or Sun, presumably for reasons of alcohol, or for prime time in the Far East...

Used to be early because Police said we had less time to get drunk, and any later it would be too expensive to police. Since the latest TV deal the Premier League basically lets Sky dictate and agrees to pay whatever the policing costs I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.