United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many clear chances did they create? The De Gea wonder save came from sloppy defending after a corner, Emre Can had a decent chance I suppose but not not great. We created the best chance of the game from a fine move which Lukaku should have put away. Same thing happened last season at Anfield when Ibrahimovic had the best chance of the game.

Klopp had Henderson, Can and Wijnauldum, 3 workmanlike midfielders who he could have taken off for a striker but he was too scared.

Mourinho has obviously convinced you that he is a brave and bold manager with his team selections, which quite frankly makes your defence of him blatantly embarrassing and gullible.

There's a selfie 'Meltdown' thread on the caf.

Some of it is over reaction hysterical, some pragmatism replies, some resignation to the style.

One recent reply struck me though.
Basically 'we were missing Pogba, clearly when you spend 90m on a player and then that player is not there...' etc.

Putting aside any thoughts of the merits of playing/not playing Pogba, and comparing to City of almost anytime in the last 5 years , up to this season... if we lost a player deemed to be the best in that position, we'd be in meltdown.
But now... Kompany, Mendy, Aguero, Gundogan, Delph (+ walker and sterling via reds) have all been 'lost' at various overlapping points this season, and the team hasn't felt 'lost', 'toothless' or otherwise.
A counter might be , 'ah but if KDB is injured then you'll collapse'... except Merlin has almost the same or better stats this year than KDB...under the radar as ever.

So we are a unit, that can survive losing any particular member, because we do have multiple players for multiple different positions.

But we still have meltdowns about single players, coz we know what it's like to be the also-rans, and it's hard to shake off years of fear and 'typical city', but hopefully this season might be the one that buries that for my lifetime.

There's a selfie 'Meltdown' thread on the caf.

Some of it is over reaction hysterical, some pragmatism replies, some resignation to the style.

One recent reply struck me though.
Basically 'we were missing Pogba, clearly when you spend 90m on a player and then that player is not there...' etc.

Putting aside any thoughts of the merits of playing/not playing Pogba, and comparing to City of almost anytime in the last 5 years , up to this season... if we lost a player deemed to be the best in that position, we'd be in meltdown.
But now... Kompany, Mendy, Aguero, Gundogan, Delph (+ walker and sterling via reds) have all been 'lost' at various overlapping points this season, and the team hasn't felt 'lost', 'toothless' or otherwise.
A counter might be , 'ah but if KDB is injured then you'll collapse'... except Merlin has almost the same or better stats this year than KDB...under the radar as ever.

So we are a unit, that can survive losing any particular member, because we do have multiple players for multiple different positions.

But we still have meltdowns about single players, coz we know what it's like to be the also-rans, and it's hard to shake off years of fear and 'typical city', but hopefully this season might be the one that buries that for my lifetime.

Except for Ederson. We won't win the league if he gets a Mendy style injury that puts him out for 6 months.

How many clear chances did they create? The De Gea wonder save came from sloppy defending after a corner, Emre Can had a decent chance I suppose but not not great. We created the best chance of the game from a fine move which Lukaku should have put away. Same thing happened last season at Anfield when Ibrahimovic had the best chance of the game.

Klopp had Henderson, Can and Wijnauldum, 3 workmanlike midfielders who he could have taken off for a striker but he was too scared.

That it was a dire game is not in dispute. That there weren't many chances is not in dispute. The point is that Liverpool did actually try to win and United didn't. That they weren't very good at it is rather the essence of why the bus parking was so ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.