Freedom

Blue Maverick

Great documentary on Ch4 about a George Michael, never expected Liam Gallagher to be a fan. Interesting how after he won the best r&b album/singer in America there was a backlash from black America because they felt a black person should always win it, racist, you decide.

Im not his biggest fan in terms of music taste, but a real shame he passed away, despite all his mistakes, bad press and personal issues he did seem like a decent bloke.

Great documentary on Ch4 about a George Michael, never expected Liam Gallagher to be a fan. Interesting how after he won the best r&b album/singer in America there was a backlash from black America because they felt a black person should always win it, racist, you decide.
No, the American music industry was racist, the whole reason to even have a soul & rnb (black) chart in the first place was to keep black and white artists separate. This was the only space for black artist's recognition even though the large majority of musical genres had their roots with black people, and the industry would rather a white guy do black music than the black folk themselves (see Elvis and Eminem). Also worth noting MTV's policy of not playing any black artist's music whatsoever, citing they were a rock music station (no Hendrix though), not even Michael Jackson, that all changed after Nile Rodgers, who, whilst working with Bowie, got into his head about MTV's no black policy. Bowie discussed this in 1983 and highlighted how ridiculous it was. They started to air 'Billie Jean' and the rest is history.

He was a fantastic human being who championed amongst other causes the plight of the Palestinian people and their struggle against the oppressive apartheid state of Israel.

Great man, great music and he deserves to be remembered not only for his music but his humanitarian side, his principles and the confidence he gave to gay and lesbian people to come out and be proud of who they are.

Shame on the right wing homophobic press who hounded George for most of his life who as soon as he died shamelessly profited from his untimely death.

RIP George, never forgotten.

I always found him to be a bit lewd.
Shrewd as well :)

I hated him when he was in Wham, thought he looked and acted like a massive cock
He was talented as seen later on with songwriting and had a good voice and by all accounts a generous bloke. (good on him for that)

It always worries me though when these pop stars are deified by their fans when they slowly kill themselves, given a kind of sainthood. When in fact they are just good singers who have a knack of writing simple tunes.

I have absolutely no idea what he was like as a person but his music was offensive to my ears.
Although he did have the whitest teeth I ever came across.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.