James Corden

Agree with Gervais. I enjoyed The Office but everything else just no. His standup is painful imo.
I remember him being really reluctant to do standup at that live 8 thing and thinking "i know why", Gervais that is. His actual wit is low so his live ability is terrible, it really showed to. As i writer/scripted he is very good but the closest stuff to on the spot with was his dialogue with Karl which ofc is still scripted. Even a comment like "my aunty nora would fucking love that" when they reviewed the China episode (old bloke walking around with a poo stool). That would show he had something about him but no proper annoying giggling is all you got. The only thing that comes off the cuff to him is kebab chilli sauce.

There is a reason he is never on these comedy panel shows where actual wit is needed. He is weak in hollywood to so not having it he is to famous to go on one.

What an unfunny arse he looked the other night making those massage and bath jokes. He's stolen a living

Corden is a great writer (Gavin and Stacey, the wrong mans)
He is a good actor (history boys, one man two guvnors)
He is a shit presenter, but then again only seen a league of their own,not his US talk show

I remember him being really reluctant to do standup at that live 8 thing and thinking "i know why", Gervais that is. His actual wit is low so his live ability is terrible, it really showed to. As i writer/scripted he is very good but the closest stuff to on the spot with was his dialogue with Karl which ofc is still scripted. Even a comment like "my aunty nora would fucking love that" when they reviewed the China episode (old bloke walking around with a poo stool). That would show he had something about him but no proper annoying giggling is all you got. The only thing that comes off the cuff to him is kebab chilli sauce.

There is a reason he is never on these comedy panel shows where actual wit is needed. He is weak in hollywood to so not having it he is to famous to go on one.

Saw him in Amsterdam recently, it was fantastically funny but so was Out of England 2

Agree totally with this, I thought Phoenix Nights pissed all over The Office, yet they came out the same time and Gervais was lauded for it, Peter Kay won nothing I know many don’t like Peter but he’s a comic through and through, Gervais is a comedy writer (possibly)

Agree totally with this, I thought Phoenix Nights pissed all over The Office, yet they came out the same time and Gervais was lauded for it, Peter Kay won nothing I know many don’t like Peter but he’s a comic through and through, Gervais is a comedy writer (possibly)

Seen Pride and Breadujice?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.