Rival supporters enjoying our football

There is still a long way to go and games like tomorrow's against Napoli are key points in that journey. If we convincingly beat Napoli tomorrow I think a lot of people, who have been writing off our results so far, will to sit up and take notice. This Napoli side is a good side and is currently bossing Serie A. We'll have bad days just as any team does but with the level of talent and what seems like a real hunger to win, I think the bad days will be fewer and further between the longer this side is together.
Totally agree mate. I've said from the beginning of Pep's tenure that our fans need to look at where we've come from recently & look where we are now when they judge Guardiola & our squad. It wasn't that long ago that we almost got relegated from the Champions League.

I still strongly believe that we can't fully judge Pep until season 2019/2020. However, if we're playing as we are now 12 months into his reign & continue on the same trajectory, can you imagine what we'll be like by then?

This was the plan from the day Garry Cook was removed from his post. There's nothing like winning to lift everyone's spirits & expectations, but winning in style is the icing on the cake.

In terms of ManUre, yes Moureen has splattered teams from the bottom end of the table, BUT he's only crossed 2 competitive teams this season so far, which are Real in the UEFA Super Cup & Liverpool on Saturday.

If both matches were points based, that would be 2 played & 1 point & some proper dreary, defensive football played by Moureen's Marauders along the way.

Any football fan whether its from our league or from abroad loves to see attacking flowing football. City are now producing this style every week. Whoever we play top middle bottom the tactics stay the same. I think as many have said, if they score four, we score five. However having a great keeper, someone the players trust for me is a major bonus. Not only is he a good stopper but can change defence into attack as we have seen on a few occasions. What is good and what is attracting is we don't settle when we are two, three, four or even five up, we keep going. Now, how can any football fan not enjoy that!

Not just supporters. Imagine you are a foreign player with PL aspirations, with both Mcr clubs potentially interested in you.

Would you rather play joyful football and win serious stuff or safety-first shite and come runners up?
I certainly hope you're right (and I think you probably are) but we haven't actually won anything yet. As horrible as it is to imagine, it's still possible that Mourinho's pragmatic dirge could win them the league.

I certainly hope you're right (and I think you probably are) but we haven't actually won anything yet. As horrible as it is to imagine, it's still possible that Mourinho's pragmatic dirge could win them the league.

True. If we don't sustain this, he'll be waiting in the wings. And that, in a nutshell, is his strategy. Doesn't bear thinking about.

However, I remain very optimistic. We are set fair and will take some stopping this time.

Generally people love our style of play. But people have different taste. Some like direct styles that typical englosh teams play, some like italian nous, some like counter attacking, some even like mourinho antifootball games which he describes like playing a chess.
Our football is the result of cruyff planting his seeds for the modern games. We are now enjoying the plants fruit. Lets enjoy to the fullest till the day it last, because nothing is permanent. The good thing is we are just starting.

Just said on 5 Live that they'll be concentrating on Real Madrid against Spurs on Tuesday "for obvious reasons", with updates from City v Napoli!!!
Same in the States! Have to have Spanish Sports Package (with Spanish commentary, of course) to see it live! I’m flying tomorrow, so I wouldn’t be able to see it live anyway, but have to avoid the result all day and watch a repeat on FS1 later Tuesday night! Not easy with all my friends knowing I’m a big City fan and all the City/Sports notifications, etc... on the phone! Going to have to turn it off!

Being a tremendous fan of Guardiola, I enjoy his football so it always brings a smile to see the sort of play that inspires. Just so that there is some perspective, City can still play a lot better - I think there is another couple of levels to this side that you have yet to see...but it will come

Being a tremendous fan of Guardiola, I enjoy his football so it always brings a smile to see the sort of play that inspires. Just so that there is some perspective, City can still play a lot better - I think there is another couple of levels to this side that you have yet to see...but it will come

that is a very scary thought to think that we could get even better!! wow

When we're scoring this many goals with a front 3 that has an average age of 21... imagine in a few years!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.