Added time

9 goals,6 substitutions, Stoke player down injured for quite a while then carried off....3mins added time! How?
I jokingly said at the time it should be 8 but it will probably be 3, but expected 4 or 5. They always do it when the result is not in question. There needs to be a rule change for consistency but the refs seem to be have an unwritten rule. Good job they didn't do it on 13/5/12.

We did take the corner. Took it short and then he blew. That having been said, if the clock ticks over the allotted time and the ball is in the corner quadrant, or on the edge of the box for a free kick, the referee is obligated to blow for time. In reality, they never blow for full time when the ball is in, or heading towards, the penalty area.
Clive Thomas says Hi.

Son said will be 8mins I said, should be but it will be 3. The whole added time thing is a joke and is down to a guess by the ref, yesterday he decided the game was over as a contest and so he ended it early

If yer didn't laugh at this added time nonsense, yer'd cry. It's one of the least transparent aspects of the game. Why a minimum when the added time I continually witness always seems to be the added minimum and a few seconds.

Referees should have timekeeping duties removed from their remit and we should have the same arrangement as they've had in rugby league for years.

It's an area of the game that's open to abuse and needs addressing,the referee's decision should certainly be more transparent.

Ferguson realised extra time was a topic of inconsistency,something he could influence,manipulate,and take advantage of,he often sought and received far more than was appropriate because of his touchline antics.

you don't need to stop the clock every time the ball goes out of play, you just need to stop it when a player is injured or for subs, the rest (including time-wasting the ref just has to be tougher on)
Far too sensible, so can't see it catching on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.