Paphos, Cyprus

No I landed about 2115 UK time.

The beach was just littered in fag butts and russians.

Watched the game in Renegades sports bar on saturday, 15euros for six pints happy days.
Luck you,i didnt get to bed till 3ish and had work to attend yesterday......wont be doing that again!

I found a stream on the tablet and sat by the pool ;-)

Smoking is a real problem out there,the Russians didnt bother me although they dont seem a friendly bunch.

As for 'entertainment',the open top tour bus was shite as was the Tomb of Kings,dont bother.

I do miss the Freddo capucccino in Cafe Nero though!

I got back on sunday night, also stayed in Coral bay. It was my first trip to Cyprus, the weather was great and food was cheap but I was very surprised at how Little England it was.

The 1.50 euro on the bus to Paphos was great.
Ive got to be honest I didnt realise there wasnt that many beaches over there. Went down to the "award winning" Coral bay beach and it was crap but i dont like the beach anyway so that didnt bother me too much.

Would recommend it for a cheap holiday and some winter sunshine, but not if you like sunbathing on the beach.

This - and for other reasons - is why I would always rate the SE of the Island, e.g. Ayia Napa, Protaras etc. areas way above Paphos - a lot more flights to Larnaca as well

This - and for other reasons - is why I would always rate the SE of the Island, e.g. Ayia Napa, Protaras etc. areas way above Paphos - a lot more flights to Larnaca as well
Where to stay in Protaris? we like an excellent all inclusive and brilliant facilities.

Are there large amounts of dickheads or do they generally head for Ayia Napa?

Agree with the above about beaches, shite. But if you love sunbathing at the hotel and get lucky with the people you get there it's great. I'm quite a sociable guy but several families from Essex were at our hotel the first half of the week, they just leave their kids to run riot in the pool while they get pissed. You sort of go away this time of year to avoid the hustle and bustle and kids, but you can't have it all.

Hoping to pack a bag and fuck off for 2 months next Summer, if I get to Greece or Turkey I plan on getting a boat over and may try Larnaca and Ayia Napa.

I spend a lot of time in the Protaras area - I have a place Pernera - absolutely love the area.

Great for Brits - my local pub is even owned by a City fan from Belfast.

Paphos is fine - but I much prefer the areas around Protaras. I think the beaches are much nicer and there is more to do.

The key benefit of the Paphos area is if you intend to play golf - almost all the courses are on the west of the island.

Is it the Bakers Arms? My Mum and Step-Dad live just down the road and get in there quite a bit.

Is it the Bakers Arms? My Mum and Step-Dad live just down the road and get in there quite a bit.
Yes mate - I am a pretty good friend of the couple that run it.

I hosted them at the game against Liverpool.

If they are regulars it is likely that I know your mum and Step-dad

Last edited:
Where to stay in Protaris? we like an excellent all inclusive and brilliant facilities.

Good place mate and dickheads are not really a problem.

If you end up planning a trip PM me and I can happily give some suggestions.

Napa is fine. It's chilled out, family orientated and has a good choice of restaurants. The beaches around Protaros are nicer but we much prefer to spend the evenings in Napa. Considering the amount of restaurants in Protaros, the restaurants are very average.

Whilst the beaches around Protaros are very good (not much better than Napa, to be fair), they are much busier. Very, very busy at the weekend. Even the small beaches past Panera. At the weekends, we tend to visit the family in Nicosia or Lagoutera (sp?) in the mountains or the missus godfather in Larnaca.

The only issue I have with Napa are the pricks in the buggies.

We know people who have stayed in the Cavo Maris for all inclusive. They rated it. It's about 5 mins walk from the bottom end of the Protaros strip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.