Is football just about winning?

Would football be as popular as it is today if it was just about winning?

Not a chance, if everyone was as cowardly as Mourinho the sport would've died a long time ago.

Honestly, from my perspective , the day it becomes just about winning by any means is the day I hand in the season ticket.
Last time I looked on the fireplace, there were no PL medals and there’s certainly not the till in the bank , so I’m ballsed if that lot can’t be arsed entertaining me .

im amazed someone would be happy to finish 2nd to utd as long as we played good football!
thats exactly whats wrong with all sports these days at school. as long as you take part its ok and everyone gets a medal for taking part.
bullshit
you do what you have to do to win and as much as it pains me and as ugly as it is , mourinho is the master at it
winners get the trophies and the glory
2nd place is nothing

2012 It was all about winning, nothing will lessen that moment. But you know what in 2014 it was great winning the league and cup, but by the end off that summer it was almost more about the next season than enjoying the trophies. Where as the pleasure of watching us play at the moment will stay with me for a long time, hopefully that leads to trophies as well, I expect it will. but I'd rather see us play like this and finish second than play like Mourinho for the fleeting satisfaction of lifting the premier league trophy.
Everyone talks about watching that Barcelona team and yes it won trophies, but it's the football it played we remember and talk about.

im amazed someone would be happy to finish 2nd to utd as long as we played good football!
thats exactly whats wrong with all sports these days at school. as long as you take part its ok and everyone gets a medal for taking part.
bullshit
you do what you have to do to win and as much as it pains me and as ugly as it is , mourinho is the master at it
winners get the trophies and the glory
2nd place is nothing

I'd rather go down fighting than be a coward.

I have a mate who's a Newcastle fan. He was going absolutely mad the other week when they got a draw v Liverpool and it made me try to think back to what it was like as a city fan when weren't challenging.

I used to enjoy going to the Mary ds with my mates and the trip down to away games. We could celebrate the smaller victories which now we would definitely take for granted.

Because we weren't brought up with success I like to think us city fans have a much better viewpoint because we have been there and no we are witnessing the very best. Right now I wouldn't change it for the world and you would have to say yes it is all about titles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.