Napoli post-match thread

I thought Fern was excellent all game

He wasn't, stated brilliantly but as time went on he gave the ball away on the edge of our box which nearly cost us a goal, and started giving away tired fouls, culminating in the penalty.

He didn't play badly, but he got very leggy.

Incredible first 35 mins of the game, 2nd best for the other 60 minutes. So a big win to hold on to that. Sitting pretty in the group now.

We have to make a shit load of changes v Burnley and hope we still win.

It was against one of the better team in Europe playing with a full strength team, this place amazes me sometimes
Are we not one of the better teams in Europe? At home? We should have won comfortably the way we started but as it pans out, needed a saved pen and hanging on at the end to scrape a win.

It amazes me sometime that people seem unable to accept any criticism.

Like has been said, first 30 minutes was immense, but we were obviously playing on the limit, it was unlikely to be sustainable.

I reckon that'll be in the top 5 hardest games we have this season, they are streets ahead of anyone we've played domestically, going back to the league will seem a cake walk with the amount of time we'll have on the ball.

Shame Kun was not giving a run out the form he is in would of made the top 3 guys think fuck he is back so early. I can see why Pep didnt but I just hope the sooner we start to bring him on and test him the better to see if he is ready. Hopefully he hasnt lost much match fitness. I too would like to see the Jesus and Kun front 2 again. Who knows maybe we will see it again this weekend.

First 30 mins we were unplayable.

Got tired in the 2nd half. Sloppy passes.

Best team we've played and we still won.

We played a very strong team who are used to having it all their own way. No tonight, despite the referee's best efforts.

The usual bed wetters in the match thread, expecting our players to be at 100% for 90 minutes just 75 hours after running their arses off in the Premier League against a very physical Stoke side.

A solid performance, and a lot to be proud of. That will hard fought victory will do us the world of good.

Sane should never have done 90 minutes. The side had mental issues second half. Still an excellent result against a very good Napoli side. If we'd gone 3-0 up in the first half, then it could have been a rout. But you could say if they had scored the first pen it could have gone tots up. Nine out of nine points is a big bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.