Napoli post-match thread

Great game management at the end.

They are very good, despite us having them completely on the ropes in the first 30 mins, so very happy with that.

Being able to call on Bernie and Gundo at the end is like calling Winston Wolf or, for the baseball fans, Mariano Rivera.

Some excellent defensive performances.We lost our shape when they began to dominate midfield. Well done Sane for keeping at it even though his touch was way off. We looked knackered after 35 minutes and I think we lack physicality in these really big european games.

I thought Walker, Fernandinho had bad games and Sané had a bad first half, which unfortunately coincided with the period when we should have put the game away and a few times he made poor decisions in attack, but kept going and looked much better in the second half.

I also think that's the toughest team we'll play until February, so if we can still beat them with some players having off-days' then you can't complain.

Ederson, Stones & Otamendi were absolutely fantastic in every aspect of the game.

Fernandinho looked exhausted, and again, while no one in England are going to work us as hard as Napoli, he needs to be kept fit.

Yep, I'd agree with all of that.

didn't think they actually caused us much trouble through their own good play, we gifted them 2 pens and arsing about at the back almost cost a goal 2nd half. Someone tell Ferny to stay well away from our own box, bloody liability at times in and around it with his "tackling".
Ederson superb again, 1st half 1st 30 minutes superb and should have been 4/5 up....hanging on a bit at the end. 2nd half performance was mediocre, the amount of times we misplaced simple 5 yard passes around midfield was astonishing for players of our ability.
Still, 9 points from 9 is ideal.
Sane...oh dear, still the lad keeps going nd keeps playing, you got to admire hime for that. Sterling vanished 2nd half and last 15 of the first.....no doubt the 93.20 podcast boys will tell us he was immense though.
Stones and Ota were excellent...forging a solid partnership.

Bad 2nd half. We had trouble dealing with Napoli's high pressing there. Rest assured it won't happen again as Pep will drill the team before they get to Naples.

Most in-form team in Europe, only behind us in goals scored and we battered them. Second half we began to look nervy, making our own problems with a few players looking tired. Shame we ended on a low as thats all people will focus on but we did enough in the end.

On another day we would have scored 4/5 in that first half.

Was a great test that against one of the best team in Europe, they only could score from a penalty and we calved them up half a dozen times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.