Napoli post-match thread

Let's see what the gaffer says first, admittldey they came back into the game but always felt we had another goal/ gear to go into, Napoli are a top side, let's not forget that so 3 points against a very top side I'd take that all day long

I don't think de Bruyne being booked helped the tactics as he has been winning the ball back often this season. He had to stop that pressing when he got booked and the game changed from then on although they were on the up at that point.

Ederson hardly had a save to make despite them looking good.

Both them and Shaktar have looked good. Don't think this group has been as easy as predicted when the draw was made!

9/9 - excellent stuff.

11 wins in 12 in all comps! Not much to grumble about with that.

Need to get some more minutes into Gundogan and Silva now so they can get right up to speed.
I think they'll both start along with Sergio on saturday

There’s no pleasing some people. Less than 3 days after weekend, we beat the best Italian side in their league currently at home, whilst knackered ourselves, and don’t forget with several key players injured.

Jesus Christ can we have some positivity please.

I really enjoy this playing from the back and contrary to many here I think it worked quite well. I just do not understand why are people so nervous about it, it served the purpose and we'll be getting even better. And for me, Dinho had a very good game.
I share your opinion. But Ferna could have plyed better. He made many mistakes tonight. May be Pep should rest him at the weekend

Tough second half but before the game we said a clash of the best two teams in Europe so far this season, that second half Napoli pressed harder and higher than anyone else has . and we won so job done

First 30 minutes were breath taking and should have made it 3-0 but the rest of the game tells me that a few players need a rest. Luckily we have strength in depth with Danilo, Kompany, Toure, Gundogan, Bernardo and Aguero to come in to the team as Pep sees fit.

Top of the league and top of our CL group, playing some amazing football despite injuries to key players. Couldn't ask for more.

You asked how would Napoli feel themselves without the ball mate. Was you question answered? :)
Sarri is probably the best positional play coach right now. Watched all their games this season and today's match has only confirmed my impression. I mean, I knew that someone will eventually appear and surpass Guardiola, but never thought that it's going to be a 58 yo former banker with less than 10 years of pro coaching experience...
They've made us look ordinary for most part of the game, and done it with a squad that is probably slightly worse than Arsenal's....Have no words. It's like another generation of Pepcelona football.
Use of Pepcelona tearm discredits anything you have to say. Pepcelona...really!!!!!!!

They're a very good side, and we battered them for 30 minutes. And whilst they certainly tested us in the second half, we limited them to 3 shots on target - and 2 of them were penalties.

Deserved victory against a top class side.

Nice to see us show another side to our game, closing a game out when under pressure. Roll on the next game.

Bit annoyed how easily we picked up cards while some of the challenges on Silva and the likes went unpunished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.