Napoli post-match thread

I really enjoy this playing from the back and contrary to many here I think it worked quite well. I just do not understand why are people so nervous about it, it served the purpose and we'll be getting even better. And for me, Dinho had a very good game.
We were brilliant at playing out against a very, very good team who pressed us high.

It's not moaning, it's called observing. Staggering at times that people can't seem to.see that.
As the initial response was to a poster who never has a good word to say about City and would undoubtedly have rejoiced had they won, its not criticism, it's moaning.
Saying they contributed to Napoli getting back into the game, could have been a bit more clinical and sometimes took, what looks to many of us old timers like some unnecessary risks, is fair enough. "Got away with, subs too late, tired only 2 games into a run of 7, we can't win over there and Burnley and everyone will be exploiting what they've seen tonight" is moaning...

A deserved win against a top, top side. What’s not to like?
Sure, it wasn’t all plain sailing but a comfortable domination of a side like Napoli is never going to happen. Even the best players will lose a little bit of their calm and composure when faced with a press like that which is what happened. They were really buzzing all around City players in that second half yet City dealt with it pretty well, in the main.

As for some comments in the match thread, yeah I’m sure Burnley will be able to transform themselves into a similar disciplined pressing unit after a couple of hours work on the training field. Likely to be some tired players after that match so wouldn’t be surprised to see two or three changes for the weekend.

You asked how would Napoli feel themselves without the ball mate. Was you question answered? :)
Sarri is probably the best positional play coach right now. Watched all their games this season and today's match has only confirmed my impression. I mean, I knew that someone will eventually appear and surpass Guardiola, but never thought that it's going to be a 58 yo former banker with less than 10 years of pro coaching experience...
They've made us look ordinary for most part of the game, and done it with a squad that is probably slightly worse than Arsenal's....Have no words. It's like another generation of Pepcelona football.

Haha slightly worse than Arsenal’s that Napoli side would finish 2nd behind us in premier league one of the best sides in Europe they are no Maribor or that tinpot group the scum are in.

That was a great test for our defense against a High pressing team and they all passes, and ederson Stones and otamendi did really Well. Our midfield minus kdb was disappointing in the second half, couldnt keep the ball which lost us the initiative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.