Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been the best right back in the league for the last two seasons, but I still thought that 50M was an outrageous fee even though he is the best in the league and English
Unbelievably, he's proving to be value for money!

I'm still coming to terms with £50M for a full back

To help you to come to terms with it consider this, back when we were breaking the British transfer record with our purchase of Robinho, Barca were paying around the same price for a full back, Alves.

He's started very well and will be huge for the team going forward. If I had some problems though it would be that I feel he tends to get very complacent at times with his passing during games where he puts the team under unnecessary pressure. I've noticed it in almost every game where he will have a moment like that and totally misplace a pass under no pressure to the opposition and with the way pep sets the team up, a good side will capitalise on that if the team is not set-up and players are out of position so hopefully he eradicates that out of his game as on the whole he's been quite great for the team especially with his recovery speed to break up counter attacks.

He's started very well and will be huge for the team going forward. If I had some problems though it would be that I feel he tends to get very complacent at times with his passing during games where he puts the team under unnecessary pressure. I've noticed it in almost every game where he will have a moment like that and totally misplace a pass under no pressure to the opposition and with the way pep sets the team up, a good side will capitalise on that if the team is not set-up and players are out of position so hopefully he eradicates that out of his game as on the whole he's been quite great for the team especially with his recovery speed to break up counter attacks.
Haven't noticed that, so I'll be looking for it on Saturday. Woo hoo, someone to boo! I'll let the lads know, they've missed Kolarov.....

He's got a small mistake in him nearly every game, sometimes a poor pass or sometimes he's a little slow to get react to danger, but none have hurt us yet and they are small mistakes, bear in mind he's only been here a few months. By the time we play those great teams, he's got 6 months of football with us under his belt, I think they'll be eliminated.

IMO Walker is a really exciting player because despite being 27, and despite being the best RB in the country already, I think he's got a lot of potential for improvement under Pep. He'll be the best RB in the world next year.

I wonder if Pochettino had a point when he said Walker struggles to play 2 games a week.

With Mendy out on the other side though I don't think we can afford to rest him very often.

I wonder if Pochettino had a point when he said Walker struggles to play 2 games a week.

With Mendy out on the other side though I don't think we can afford to rest him very often.

He's played 9 in a row now, so even if he needs a rest it's not like he can't do 2 a week.

With Delph as LB now though there's no reason to not play Danilo if he looks tired.

He's played 9 in a row now, so even if he needs a rest it's not like he can't do 2 a week.

With Delph as LB now though there's no reason to not play Danilo if he looks tired.

When Gundogan is fully up to speed I wouldn't mind betting we see Fernandinho given the odd game there and revert to the inverted fullbacks both sides. Likewise Danilo.

So many options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.