Napoli post-match thread

Great 30 minutes and it seemed Napoli weren’t that good but once they got into their stride they started to play well. It’s going to be tough in the away leg but I still think we can do it.

Man, I don't like to see us outplayed in the center of the pitch. We played at home and were forced to act like a counterattacking team instead of being protagonists. That with a much, much better players. If you think that Hamsik, Callejon are anywhere near Silva and KdB... well, I have nothing to say.

With the shit you have already come out with then maybe saying nowt is a wise option.

Best team on paper we've played up to now and another test passed.
Did I hear correctly that we only need a point to go into the knockout stages?
Already? Fraudiola yeah?
We only need one point to go through if we draw in Naples. A single point elsewhere won't guarantee it.
As for tonight; we had four good chances (scored two of them and hit the bar) before their first penalty and a couple of good attacks early in the second half where we should really have sealed it. Too much fucking about at the back nearly cost us, but overall we deserved the win.
And where did 5 minutes come from?

I knew the ref was going to be at it when he blew up for a foul early on when KDB got a foot go the ball and it fell to Jesus who was through on goal.

I think the defender, Koulibaly I think it was, knew he lost the ball and won the free kick by conning the ref on that. Still the refs fault but he went down like a sack of shit, got the free kick and then bounced back up.

Man, I don't like to see us outplayed in the center of the pitch. We played at home and were forced to act like a counterattacking team instead of being protagonists. That with a much, much better players. If you think that Hamsik, Callejon are anywhere near Silva and KdB... well, I have nothing to say.
As I said before the chances we missed to put the game to bed at 2-0 made them look at the being behind more positively because it could have been far worse for them and probably should have been, they finished the half with their tails up thinking they could redeem themselves. Interesting take from you about the battle in the middle of the pitch(hint I disagree as I was watching the battle for the middle of the pitch myself and it was breaking down for them in the final third even in their good spells), while they were good and provided the biggest test yet for us in that regard(there's no team like them in the PL is why), we were better because it took 2 penalties before they really got back into the game, our positioning at the back was good enough that Ederson didn't have to make too many saves where as we still made clear cut chances in that second half(a better timed run or a better finish might have killed it once and for all).

At no point in that match did they outplay us as much as we did in that first 35mins either, the chances we conceded were mostly gifted(bar that slight chance to chip Ederson that they messed up), their best chances were from the spot which says it all. Walker could have just challenged to put him off or get in the way of an attempt to direct it goalwards(to be fair that "foul" doesn't always get given even in Europe) and Dinho didn't need to dangle his leg out as the striker still had a lot to do at that speed.

As an aside, the referee was a borderline cheat. Gave them almost everything. The one in the first 10 minutes were De Bruyne got whistled when he stabbed the ball through on goal for Jesus. Cost us a probable goal. Went largely unnoticed due to us scoring two quick goals but was pretty bad.

When you see the incidents unfold before your eyes and then watch open-mouthed at what the referee has arbitrated you can only conclude that there is some kind of collusion. If these referees are as capable as you would expect then incompetence is ruled out straight away. Has there ever been a game we have played away in the CL where the ref has bent over backwards and up his own arse to give us every 50-50, and where we clearly received the largesse of a questionable referee? I can't think of one.

As I see it.All teams have 3 games left to play. City 2 away games and Feyenord at home. Lose the 2 away ? - and beat Feyenord at home = 12 points.
Shaktar have 6 points - could end up with 15 points. Napoli have 3 points - could end up with 12 points. Then it would depend - imo - on the better result
of City (home 2-1). If Napoli win 2-0 they go through on better head to head.
Does goal difference play any part in this ?.
Both Napoli and Shakhtar can’t get 9 points each. They’ve got to play each other again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.