Napoli post-match thread

Back from the game and delighted we beat one of the best teams in Europe. It was fast and furious with our players having very little time to control the ball. Napoli are a quality side. But we are better. A brilliant first half of our Champions League campaign.

I was sitting very close to the pitch so didn't see either penalty. What happened?

Back from the game and delighted we beat one of the best teams in Europe. It was fast and furious with our players having very little time to control the ball. Napoli are a quality side. But we are better. A brilliant first half of our Champions League campaign.

I was sitting very close to the pitch so didn't see either penalty. What happened?

Walker too physical for the first. Had a hold/hug of his man. And after a good run from the full back Fernandinho hung a leg out and tripped him. Actually think he chose to go over it but was entitled to and both correct decisions.

We only need one point to go through if we draw in Naples. A single point elsewhere won't guarantee it.
As for tonight; we had four good chances (scored two of them and hit the bar) before their first penalty and a couple of good attacks early in the second half where we should really have sealed it. Too much fucking about at the back nearly cost us, but overall we deserved the win.
And where did 5 minutes come from?
I would say the 5 minutes added time was for the head collision treatment and the various subs but shhh, thats just between you and me.

Though we were fantastic for the first 30 minutes and could have been 4 up with a bit of luck.
Napoli are a very good team but for all their pressing and attacking they didn't really create any clear cut chances apart from the one Stones made that fabulous block from .
I think we kept playing from the back and it looks great and the players are comfortable with it and Ederson makes us look so solid.
Stones was my motm but nobody played badly but Sane was a little subdued but still put in a shift.
Happy to be top with maximum points.

Really enjoyed the game, could have been out of sight at 3 or 4 up but then we tired significantly. I thought it'd be Napoli that tired but in the second half it was pretty obvious we were trying to keep shape and bring them on to us in order to try and score on the break which nearly worked when Dave should have slipped Sane in, and then the Jesus chance.

Napoli play nice football, was interesting to see how they play it by overloading on the wings, very little of their play comes through the middle, they manage to get 3 playing in triangles against our full backs - Pep will have a good chance to study that ahead of the second leg.

Worth remembering that we will be very dmagerous on the break out there in Italy, they HAVE to attack us.

playing out from the back.......means we keep the ball, basic Pep philosophy. Tremendous game, our passing suffered due to the pressure that Napoli brought to bear, they really made us graft for the win. In the long term we will benefit more from games like this than crushing teams by 5, 6 and 7 . Made a change to see us on the back foot, for the first time this season, the second half was a proper test of character and we passed . The return in Naples should hold no fear for us, I reckon they gave it their best shot tonight and we nearly buried them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.