Napoli post-match thread

As I said before the chances we missed to put the game to bed at 2-0 made them look at the being behind more positively because it could have been far worse for them and probably should have been, they finished the half with their tails up thinking they could redeem themselves. Interesting take from you about the battle in the middle of the pitch(hint I disagree as I was watching the battle for the middle of the pitch myself and it was breaking down for them in the final third even in their good spells), while they were good and provided the biggest test yet for us in that regard(there's no team like them in the PL is why), we were better because it took 2 penalties before they really got back into the game, our positioning at the back was good enough that Ederson didn't have to make too many saves where as we still made clear cut chances in that second half(a better timed run or a better finish might have killed it once and for all).

At no point in that match did they outplay us as much as we did in that first 35mins either, the chances we conceded were mostly gifted(bar that slight chance to chip Ederson that they messed up), their best chances were from the spot which says it all. Walker could have just challenged to put him off or get in the way of an attempt to direct it goalwards(to be fair that "foul" doesn't always get given even in Europe) and Dinho didn't need to dangle his leg out as the striker still had a lot to do at that speed.
Cheers mate. Calmed me down a bit. Got used to our dominant displays in PL this season, this game was different beast.

Last edited:
Walker too physical for the first. Had a hold/hug of his man. And after a good run from the full back Fernandinho hung a leg out and tripped him. Actually think he chose to go over it but was entitled to and both correct decisions.

Credit where credit is due, the referee was excellent and got most things spot on. Both penalties were "oafish" on the part of the miscreants to be honest and rightly awarded. Very decent refereeing performance.

I thought tonight was the first time all season, when we looked a bit leggy in the last 25 minutes The ball was bouncing off Sane, whilst Silva and De Bruyne were both fading.
Also, he's done brilliantly in the Premier League, but the better European teams will expose Delph's limitations.

However, it's hard to be too critical given the quality of the opposition. Perhaps, it just needs a couple of fresh faces on Saturday?

We looked knackered second half, they improved we were tired. I think in the knockouts pep will rest a few in the league games. It's a balancing act really but the season is going scarily well.

Why the fuck did De Bruyne get booked?

Don't know but he was well pissed off about it. I was right near the half way line near the touchline and he was having a right go at the 4th official when they were walking off at half time. Silva had to drag him away. And even then he kept turning back gesticulating and complaining. He looked really angry.

Just got back home from the match and ready to watch it again on Sky+. Amazing for 30 minutes and then Napoli started to get into it more but we managed the game well. I like how they play. It was too fast for the linesman in the 2nd half anyway. Did he ever keep up with the play?

Sane should never have done 90 minutes. The side had mental issues second half. Still an excellent result against a very good Napoli side. If we'd gone 3-0 up in the first half, then it could have been a rout. But you could say if they had scored the first pen it could have gone tots up. Nine out of nine points is a big bonus.
Hmmmm. Sane was slipping all over the show. He had a mare by his previous standards. Either him or Sterling could have come off. Give them their due, they are a top side and unsurprisingly top of the Serie A.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.