Napoli post-match thread

We looked knackered second half, they improved we were tired. I think in the knockouts pep will rest a few in the league games. It's a balancing act really but the season is going scarily well.
But they traveled and we played at home.

Not sure that is right? Napoli and Shakhtar could both still get 12 points I think?

I think Napoli can only get 10 points if we draw with them in Naples, which I think is what the other poster was alluding to.

Credit where credit is due, the referee was excellent and got most things spot on. Both penalties were "oafish" on the part of the miscreants to be honest and rightly awarded. Very decent refereeing performance.
I thought the ref was terrible from where I was sat, but I'm gonna give it another watch on the box now.

I think Napoli can only get 10 points if we draw with them in Naples, which I think is what the other poster was alluding to.

Yeah, I thought he just meant one point from any of the three remaining games, which wouldn't necessarily be enough.

This bit of that excellent recent Blizzard piece about Guardiola is perhaps pertinent tonight:
Haven't seen that quote before, really interesting, could you point me towards "The Blizzard piece" please?

Napoli could get 12 points IF they win the 3 games.
Shaktar can get 15 points if they win their 3 games (including the win against Napoli ).
Napoli would then only get total 9 points (If they win 2 out of 3 )
Does goal difference come into it?.
City must beat Feyenord at home.
Going to be very interesting.

To me the most important thing was once it went to 2-1, despite possession, I can't really remember a proper chance they created. That's the sign of a very good team.

Overall echoing other posters game should have been over at HT.

I think the key difference on the 2nd half was that we were deliberately sitting a bit deeper and trying to string the counter attacks. The tactic was sound IMO, but first time in a whole the decision making and execution was off.

Execution bothers me less- we've got amazing players, sometimes passes just don't come off. But Silva KDB & Sane all made numerous incorrect decisions about where/when to pass as well as just misplacing the passes. I think tiredness was clearly a factor in this.

That was a bloody tough test, not just in terms of ability but more so belief.

I absolutely love the playing out from the back and am usually the last one desperate for us to “twat it” but there was times tonight when I just wanted us to get rid, thankfully Guardiola and the players didn’t and there belief in the system and there own ability paid dividends. We really are a special team, Napoli are no mugs and we blew them to pieces that first 25 minutes. When things got tough we battled and from Ederson to Jesus we fought hard for those 3 points and got what we deserved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.