Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd certainly give starts to Gundogan and Bernardo. Don't mind who they will replace, it won't make us weaker. Aguero might be more involved as well.
Burnley on paper have had great results vs the bigger teams and away, but they had their share of luck as well. Let's keep the homewins comming.

There's a risk to rotating, but there's a benefit too. I'd rather we brought one or two in as they would then be firing for the Wolves game.

My fear with the Wolves game is that we'll rotate too much and it will take a bit for people to get going. If we give some of them time against Burnley, they'll come out firing against Wolves. By this I don't mean wholesale changes, but players like Bernardo, Danilo or Gundogan could slot in to our existing line up, get up to speed and then we could lean on those heavier come midweek as we rest another couple of players.

I think an unchanged side would be risky for a few reasons.

Some looked worn out last night, so there will definitely be rotation. Burnley's away record is ridiculously good this season, and against good teams as well. It will be an interesting test.

People keep saying "full strength" "don't weaken the team in the league" etc Bringing in Gundogan, Bernardo, Danilo etc is not weakening the side. We have a squad of probably 18/19 players (including Kompany and Mendy) where we're not weakened if any of them play.

Definitely need to rotate for this one. There was a reason why we couldn't keep up the intensity against Napoli and it wasn't just down to Napoli. Gundo, Bernardo and Aguero need to start and rest KDB, Jesus and Silva. Doubt Aguero will be match fit for a full 90 so Jesus could come on after an hour. KDB on in the second half if it's looking like a struggle.

Some looked worn out last night, so there will definitely be rotation. Burnley's away record is ridiculously good this season, and against good teams as well. It will be an interesting test.
This will be a difficult game,they have improved a lot and have taken points away from the other top teams,take it for granted at our peril

We have a touch of the Liverpool 2014 side about us, wanting to overwhelm teams in the opening half-hour of games.

I just hope we can win the title like they did that year.

I said last year we were a three-goal team to be certain of a victory, that dynamic can clearly be changed if we can score a couple inside the first 30 minutes.

Teams are starting to discover we won't be sitting back trying to protect a narrow lead.

For me, if we just attempt to score more than our opponents, each and every time, regardless of conceding, we will be counting our losses on less than five fingers this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.