Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the appropriate assessments of the players fitness and suitability to start will be done this week and any in the red will probably be rested.
I won't be surprised if we go with the same starting 11, you cannot take liberties with games in the PL and although I appreciate both the quality of B.Silva and the Gundog the former hasn't had a proper pre-season or enough game time to make up for it and the Gundog is slowly feeling his way back to full fitness from a very long time off and a career threatening injury. I'd prefer this strategy if I'm honest and get the game won and then make changes if necessary to rest legs. As already said by others I think the changes will come against Wolves but they are flying in the Championship and will be a stern test as well.

some rotation needed & its a must

Danilo, gundogan, bernardo & aguero as starter

------------ Ederson -------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>> --------------- Ederson ---------------
danilo --- stones --- ota --- delph >>>>>>>>>>>>>> walker --- stones --- ota --- danilo
----------------- dinho--------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------ dinho --------------
------ KDB ----------- Gundogan----- >>>>>>>>>>>>>> KDB ------------------- Gundogan
sterling ------ Aguero -- bernardo >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bernardo --- Aguero --- Sane

City 7 : 0 Burnley

Last edited:
We have a touch of the Liverpool 2014 side about us, wanting to overwhelm teams in the opening half-hour of games.

I just hope we can win the title like they did that year.

I said last year we were a three-goal team to be certain of a victory, that dynamic can clearly be changed if we can score a couple inside the first 30 minutes.

Teams are starting to discover we won't be sitting back trying to protect a narrow lead.

For me, if we just attempt to score more than our opponents, each and every time, regardless of conceding, we will be counting our losses on less than five fingers this season.

The half hour thing is part of Pep's philosophy he maintains (and I somewhat agree with him) that human beings can't maintain concentration for much longer

It's a sign of mental tiredness. I'd rest him 7 days alright.

We could even push Jesus out to the left-hand side, drop Sergio back up top and switch Sterling to the right.

I doubt there would be little drop-off.

...............ED.................

..DANILO....STONES....OTAMENDI....DELPH...

................GUNDOGAN...........

............BERNARDO.......KDB.......

...STERLING........SERGIO.............JESUS

We could even push Jesus out to the left-hand side, drop Sergio back up top and switch Sterling to the right.

I doubt there would be little drop-off.

...............ED.................

..DANILO....STONES....OTAMENDI....DELPH...

................GUNDOGAN...........

............BERNARDO.......KDB.......

...STERLING........SERGIO.............JESUS

Yeah I'd be happy enough with that. Then midweek you drop Ota or Stones for Mangala, KDB for Yaya pushing Gundogan forward and leave the front as is.

Burnley are 25/1 to win on william hill are they the biggest ever odds for a prem lg game? Most of my work mates are burnley fans & a couple have put £10 on it happening!!!

I'm sure the appropriate assessments of the players fitness and suitability to start will be done this week and any in the red will probably be rested.
I won't be surprised if we go with the same starting 11, you cannot take liberties with games in the PL and although I appreciate both the quality of B.Silva and the Gundog the former hasn't had a proper pre-season or enough game time to make up for it and the Gundog is slowly feeling his way back to full fitness from a very long time off and a career threatening injury. I'd prefer this strategy if I'm honest and get the game won and then make changes if necessary to rest legs. As already said by others I think the changes will come against Wolves but they are flying in the Championship and will be a stern test as well.
I don't think we can play the same team every week in the prem. Physically they will burn out/succumb to injuries. We have to have some rotation and in games like this it has to be done IMO. But only 2 or 3 max changes. Wolves won't play their strongest team their priority is definitely promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.