Most improved player this season

Stones by a long way
Agreed considering where he was last season playing like a startled dear in headlights. He has come a long way a lot has to be due to confidence but also his decision making has improved ten fold.

For me it's probably Sterling. Although Stones is obviously another candidate.

I never felt confident with Sterling putting chances away, didn't matter how easy it was. Always got the feeling he was going to cock it up somehow, despite all his ability. Now he just seems much more settled and ruthless and it's made him twice the player for me. Even when on the odd occasion he messes something up, he just keeps going at it rather than letting it affect him. Still got a way to go, like a number of our players but the rapid development is fantastic to witness.

Another one is Fernandinho, i thought he really struggled at times last season (although getting shunted about different positions obviously didn't help). He wasn't making the passing angles, was getting caught in wrong positions, playing the wrong passes etc, but he looks like he's really got to grips with what's needed of him now and has been immense so far this season.

It's great that we could choose a few,i've gone for john because has stepped into the leadership role at the back and added some steel to his game

Stones by far. Compare the start of last season and the start of this season. Stones has easily skipped a few years of his development.

Other mentions: Fernandinho has come back to top form. Aguero has seriously improved his all around game, better in the build up, assisting. Otamendi has been consistent since the Liverpool game. Never thought I would use Otamendi and consistent in the same sentence but long may it continue. Sterling went up a few levels like Stones, 8 games in, 6 goals scored and he is one goal away from equaling last season's PL return.

Kevin de Bruyne

I always think he’s flitted between being good and actually quite poor

This season he’s been world class!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.