Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to rotate, but only a bit. Burnley are actually decent this year, and it won't be a cakewalk. They've beaten Chelsea and Everton and taken points from Liverpool and Spurs away from home. Plus, making wholesale changes is never a good idea.

I'd swap Walker for Danilo - the latter could use some game time, and the former could use a rest. Plus, he's made some mistakes over the past few games.

Burnley are a physical team, so I'd be hesitant to start Aguero and Gundogan off injuries, but aim to get them 30 minutes off the bench. Time for a Bernardo Silva start, maybe? He could help to keep possession against Burnley who looked pretty good on the counter when I saw them play @ Everton

I'll guess:

Ederson
Delph
Stones
Ota
Danilo
Fern
De Bruyne
D. Silva
B. Silva
Sterling
Jesus
Bernardo Silva impresses every time he plays but so do D.Silva and De Bruyne!

I would play Gundogan, Bernardo and Aguero if they are fit because we did look a little tired against Napoli. I didn't think we were at our best anyway.

On Sunday it's Everton v Arsenal and Spurs v Liverpool. We beat Burnley, then two team could be eliminated from the title race by mid-October - gap to Liverpool and Arsenal could be 12 points.

I hope Liverpool win against Spurs, so we can cheer a Spurs win over United the coming weekend. We need to build a proper gap against Spurs over the next couple of weeks.

The midfield 3 all looked tired as the game wore on against Napoli. Maybe with 2 days off they will be raring to go again for the Burnley game. Pep needs to keep the changes to a minimum. Either start with Sergio up front or give him the last 20/25mins. It is also time Gundogan got a game, as well as Danilo & Berando Silva.

We have to rotate for this one! Nice to see Bernardo get a full game plus Danillio. Would still keep Aguero on the bench to make sure he is fully recovered.

This will be a very tough game and worries me. Burnley will be well organised and will battle hard. They should be confident given the form they are in. We looked tired last night after our lightening start to the season and Burnley are always up for it when they play us.

Having said that we are on an incredible run of our own and on paper have a much better side. If we get the three points then I genuinely think teams will start to truly fear coming to the Etihad again which will be a huge boost for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.