Help with call barring

Thanks for idea of a number change. Just been talking to Sky tech and this can only be done if a 'crime' has been commited, ie threats or malicious calls etc and a crime number is issued by the police......The change over apparantly involves changing the actual line (????) and could take a month, assuming we have said crime number. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for idea of a number change. Just been talking to Sky tech and this can only be done if a 'crime' has been commited, ie threats or malicious calls etc and a crime number is issued by the police......The change over apparantly involves changing the actual line (????) and could take a month, assuming we have said crime number. Back to the drawing board.
Sounds like bullshit mate. Tell them your moving to another provider if they can't change it for you

no expert so this might have drawbacks but a quick google did this

When you dial emergency services from your VoIP telephone, your call is sent to national emergency operators who handle your call.

Registering for emergency services simply gives them access to your location details which you can update at anytime.

if you have any questions about registering or updating your numbers, please don't hesitate to contact our customers services team who will be more than happy to help.

To register or update your location information, please log in to your account using the button below.

https://www.voipfone.co.uk/999_Emergency_Services.php

id also have a cheap mobile incoming calls on bar on hand and on charge for emergency

Skype, the VOIP service most people use are clear...

Skype can also be used over a Wi-Fi connection. It's also worth noting that you can't use Skype to make an emergency call. You probably wouldn't ever use Skype if you were calling 999, but it's important not to waste any time in those types of situations.“

Skype, the VOIP service most people use are clear...

Skype can also be used over a Wi-Fi connection. It's also worth noting that you can't use Skype to make an emergency call. You probably wouldn't ever use Skype if you were calling 999, but it's important not to waste any time in those types of situations.“

yes pal i know, thats why i said Voip (though in the back of my mind i seem to remember reading it is no longer actual VOIP any more) like my iphone has wifi calling

Not true I 'm afraid. I moved this year and had to have a new number. I haven't given that number to anyone, including my family, yet the phone still rings incessantly. I've unplugged it now.

I moved house got a new number, 3 days after moving we bought a handset plugged it in and had a sales voice message. we hadn't even got our number by the time it went live

My landline was unplugged months ago and will remain that way because no matter what privacy lists you sign up for etc its non stop spam calls all day long every day.

My landline was unplugged months ago and will remain that way because no matter what privacy lists you sign up for etc its non stop spam calls all day long every day.
But when you've had a bad day you can get through a lot of foul and abusive before the cunts put the phone down.

I'm after a phone, and/or some phone system that will prevent any unwanted calls except chosen ones to be accepted by my mum. She has dementia and gets alsorts of calls, as you can imagine and gets confused with everything and wants to pay everybody........she cant as we have her card and finance details but she still gets mithered.
Sky, who she's with do Sky shield but it's too complicated for her. Just want or looking for something that wont allow anything through other than our own calls....any idea guys.....
Bt 8600 call blocker £30 off ebay looks to do what you want blocks calls if not in contacts list

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.