Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not here to start some fight you now -i just assumed you may be sceptical. I am sceptical of my own team . I suppose i am different . Its just the way I am. You all seem to be sceptical of the BBC - as am I. but i just dont think its a huge deal in the world we leave in right now - where we are all Brits in the same position getting screwed over by the rich.

And i will retract your team as being part of the problem - ok?

I am a follower of city in europe.

Mate, we make over £300m in prize money, tv rights, match day sales and player sales and you think £20m here or there makes a difference it's not 2009 any more.
have you read my posts ? i have mentioned all that..

come on lads . i will fck of if you want . find another manc forum - but i was on here last year for a bit and everyone seemed decent, as you did before i mention a couple of things, not against you not against your players, not against your club(as a historical entity) but big business as an entity. but i wont mention it again

I disagree with you on one fundamental issue
I I don't like the editorial set up of a media organisation I either won't pay for it nor will I give them clicks in order to gain more advertising revenue.
Hence I buy no newspapers except the Sunday Times and I have previously cancelled Sky and refused a BT box even when I could have it for free.

However the BBC doesn't allow me to exercise my right of freedom of choice and I forced to pay its tax without recourse. I rarely watch TV but I still have to pay the same tax as someone who watches it all day every day.

Hence my disagreement with your assessment. The BBC should be impartial, and if they wish to give up the founding principles of the organisation then that's fine, but I should be able to opt out from it. No taxation without representation.
Whilst I accept your forced tax argument, the BBC are in an enormously difficult position, due to them being 'overseen' by the Government. Ex-culture secretary John Whittingdale said the licence fee was worse than the poll tax so they must be under pressure. They also have to get ratings to justify their existence in the tv space, hence they'll choose the rags in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. There is no reason to suppose that getting 'clicks' is equally important for their web-sites (they have adverts when they're viewed abroad), so why would they behave any differently to the mainstream media? Rags Arsenal, Chelsea and dippers equal clicks. We are starting from way, way behind but, like Shergar, are hurtling up at a rate no-one will be able to stop or to ignore.

actually two years ago as you can tell by my join datte - i have been surporting city in europe as i cant stand the other CL teams(bar Totenham)

i am not some complete newbie.

Whilst I accept your forced tax argument, the BBC are in an enormously difficult position, due to them being 'overseen' by the Government. Ex-culture secretary John Whittingdale said the licence fee was worse than the poll tax so they must be under pressure. They also have to get ratings to justify their existence in the tv space, hence they'll choose the rags in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. There is no reason to suppose that getting 'clicks' is equally important for their web-sites (they have adverts when they're viewed abroad), so why would they behave any differently to the mainstream media? Rags Arsenal, Chelsea and dippers equal clicks. We are starting from way, way behind but, like Shergar, are hurtling up at a rate no-one will be able to stop or to ignore.
I don't care what or why they are impartial.
It's because of their change in direction I no longer agree with the forced taxation.

have you read my posts ? i have mentioned all that..

come on lads . i will fck of if you want . find another manc forum - but i was on here last year for a bit and everyone seemed decent, as you did before i mention a couple of things, not against you not against your players, not against your club(as a historical entity) but big business as an entity. but i wont mention it again

Well what's your argument then? It's a bit random if you know the vast majority of our turnover is competition and match day revenue

Other fans are gullible fuckers!

1 rule if you think you know what your talking about do your own research and don’t believe any shite that’s written in the comics.

The BBC are not in an enormously difficult situation, far from it. They are able raise revenue overseas, senior executives and stars are siphoning money off through their production companies. To even think that revenues raised in an FA cup game effect their existence, is ludicrous. The BBC is a fascist organisation.

my point was past dealings and that big businesses to many grey things, but like i stated i dont think its a morally bad thing - barca and rM are proper curropt with PSG not exactly an angel. If a bit of wheeling and dealing gets you on a level playing field - its better for the game. FFP has traped the top teams - or should i say the lesser teams from getting into that position. But the top teams need to have good competition. and its good to see City getting closer to RM and Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.