Women's Football/Mark Sampson

Something obviously isn't right here that's for sure. However having been involved with a woman's team I found that when they were 'having a laugh' that's exactly what it was but when it was a male member of the set up it suddenly became 'inappropriate'. I am not saying this is the case here but if you can give out a bit of stick then, if boundaries aren't crossed, then take it

The FA are a joke make no mistake but that aside I can't muster enough interest in this to have a concrete opinion on it. He's been sacked he's moved on and the FA wont change anything. The initial mistake was in thinking a man could control a team comprising of women they should have gone down the route of selecting a woman after Powell who herself was accused of bullying by certain players.

There isn't a quick fix for this mess and I am not expecting one.

Can you explain the gap then between the incident in 2014 when she was in the team and the complaint in 2016 when she wasn’t.
Because she brought it up when they asked her to take part in the assessment of the culture of the team, (when she was still in team), she didn't report it at the time (presumably she has some crazy notion that the people in charge might not like it? Crazy woman, they sure showed her). They asked her abut the culture of the England set up, she told them, they kicked her out and tried to pay her off and launched a farcical cover up investigation.

She didn't like that and presumably after thinking about it and consulting with lawyers and the like, let journalists know about it some time afterwards, they pulled at the threads and the entire farce got a light shone on it and the FA have been shown to have been bent as fuck, while she has now been completely vindicated (at least to anyone who's actually looked at it rather than just deciding what happened and ignored everything else).

The FA are a joke make no mistake but that aside I can't muster enough interest in this to have a concrete opinion on it. He's been sacked he's moved on and the FA wont change anything. The initial mistake was in thinking a man could control a team comprising of women they should have gone down the route of selecting a woman after Powell who herself was accused of bullying by certain players.

There isn't a quick fix for this mess and I am not expecting one.
To be honest, it's really not about Sampson or what he did anymore, it's about the FA and their attempts to cover it up. They've been caught in so many lies about the investigation, they are all completely fucked. Not that anything will change, they will be moved on and replaced with a different set of identical people in suits who we will only hear about when they do something mental

To be honest, it's really not about Sampson or what he did anymore, it's about the FA and their attempts to cover it up. They've been caught in so many lies about the investigation, they are all completely fucked. Not that anything will change, they will be moved on and replaced with a different set of identical people in suits who we will only hear about when they do something mental

That's exactly what'll happen mate it'll be a reshuffle and lessons learned no more said about it and move forward together blah de blah. In reality the England Womens team should have their own association (Completely separate from the shit FA we have) with who THEY want on the panel fully legislating for them (I still believe it would be the same suits but in female form though) but would that impact of the FA's brand? Who knows.

But both of the last England womens team managers have been blamed roughly for the same thing which was a culture of "Not being listened to" maybe there are too many bossy boots players in the Womens England setup making it harder to bring them together as a team, one thing is for certain it's a bloody difficult job whoever takes it. If the FA get a bloody nose for this I for one welcome it.

That's exactly what'll happen mate it'll be a reshuffle and lessons learned no more said about it and move forward together blah de blah. In reality the England Womens team should have their own association (Completely separate from the shit FA we have) with who THEY want on the panel fully legislating for them (I still believe it would be the same suits but in female form though) but would that impact of the FA's brand? Who knows.

But both of the last England womens team managers have been blamed roughly for the same thing which was a culture of "Not being listened to" maybe there are too many bossy boots players in the Womens England setup making it harder to bring them together as a team, one thing is for certain it's a bloody difficult job whoever takes it. If the FA get a bloody nose for this I for one welcome it.
Aye, I'm certain "lessons will have been learnt" and they'll put together some rainbow panel of people in suits to come up with a new system for making complaints so this sort of thing never happens again and various other bollocks you have to come out with when you run out of excuses and want to pretend you're making reforms.

Aye, I'm certain "lessons will have been learnt" and they'll put together some rainbow panel of people in suits to come up with a new system for making complaints so this sort of thing never happens again and various other bollocks you have to come out with when you run out of excuses and want to pretend you're making reforms.

It's what public bodies of any sort do.
There has to be someone in charge of things, and there aren't any alternatives to revision.

If Aluko received a payoff from the F.A. for her silence do we know if she returned the money after she decided she didn't want to be silent about it? I'm just curious.
Irrelevant of what's not gone or gone on taking stum money is possibly as bad the alleged offence....hmmmm I'll take some money and get out so the situation can potentially carry on with some other girl.

I watched some of the questioning on BBC Parliament last night, one piece in particular was TV gold

Panel - ‘Mr Glenn, according to a quote in the Guardian you said you wanted the barrister to be a women and of different ethnicity to us. You do realise that is illegal?’

Glenn - ‘what I meant to say was, I was very happy with the appointment as she has a great CV and background in employment law’

What a tit! They basically accused him of lying, jo nothing about discrimination law and changing his mind once he was advised that his original quote, that he never ask the Guardian to withdraw, was illegal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.