Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headerson
Walker Stones Otamendi Delph
Fernandinho
Sterling Gundogan Bruyne Jesus
Aguero​
  • Rotation is neded but we have to be very circumspect in doing so. I'd rather we use the approach of win early and let the very important players get a good rest. Dinho, KDB and Delph would be my picks.
  • We have to be a little wary of this lot and put forward a team as close as possible to our best and the only reason why I'd rest any of our starters from previous games is to avoid burn outs and injuries.
  • Yaya for Dinho, Danilo for Delph and Silva for KDB (don't ask me which Silva lol)

-------------------Ederson-----------------
Walker-----Stones----Otamendi-------Delph
--------------------Yaya-------------------
----------Gundogan---De bruyne-------
--B Silva-----Aguero------Jesus-------

half game for KDB with D Silva.

I don't think anyone can criticise our work rate, at the moment. That's a big part of how we are playing.
I agree about our work rate, it has been excellent, but Burnley will be more rested. Some of our players looked tired in the second half against Napoli. We mustn't be complacent. I wouldn't be be surprised if Pep makes several changes.

Burnley played 8, scored 8 conceded 6 - expect a huge double deck bus parked in front of their goal.
Need to start with a roar, get one in the net as soon as we can and then the bus will become a single decker giving us more chance of opening them up.

One thing's for sure is even if we're 3-0 up I won't be able to relax after last week. Then again I think I could probably handle another 7-2.

I'm curious why so many seem to be concerned with rotating in Sergio, Bernardo, Ilkay, and Danillo. You lose absolutely nothing with any of those unless you are sitting KDB. And KDB has to rest at some point.

-------------------Ederson-----------------
Walker-----Stones----Otamendi-------Delph
--------------------Yaya-------------------
----------Gundogan---De bruyne-------
--B Silva-----Aguero------Jesus-------

half game for KDB with D Silva.

I think you need Sane on the left. Jesus is not a wide winger who will put crosses in the box. You need him in the box. Also Delph is not Mendy in that he does not overlap and get crosses in the box. I think you need Sane scaring the opposition out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.