Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need Sane on the left. Jesus is not a wide winger who will put crosses in the box. You need him in the box. Also Delph is not Mendy in that he does not overlap and get crosses in the box. I think you need Sane scaring the opposition out wide.
I think you always need one of Sane or Sterling, they force defenses into mistakes with their pace

bernardo, gundogan and danilo should be starting this.

ederson
danilo
stones
otamendi
delph
gundogan
de bruyne
bernardo
sane
sterling
aguero

Burnley will park the bus, they won’t press but I do expect them to work hard. They were a massive pain the last time, although we made it hard for ourselves having dinho sent off.

I’d drop dinho and put in gundogan but otherwise keep the same team, try and blitz them for 30mins and see where we go from there.

Would play the strongest team again versus Burnley , absolutely no let up in the Premier league , the Rags have some tricky games coming up and we need to establish a 5 or 6 points lead and a superior goal difference as well. We can rest players against in the league cup and latter stages of champs league when we have topped the group , we can give fringe players like bernardo , danilo , bravo , gundagon , yaya , a mid week game and hopefully Kun and Vinnie will be back for some match fitness.

Ederson

Walker Danilo stones otamendi Delph
Fernandinho
Gundogan B. Silva
Aguero Jesus

That freshens things up and allows Sergio to get some game time along side Jesus. If needed we can switch back to a back 4 and bring sane and Sterling on in the second half along with either KDB or Silva.

I don't think Burnley have any speed merchants up top so ideal for Yaya and rest Dinho. Gundo and Bernardo are excellent at working against tight spaces so Silva and KDB on the bench. Not sure he will tinker with the backline too much. Sane looks like he needs a rest but there has been sufficient time since Tuesday and he is unlikely to spend much time chasing back, either him or Raz alongside Sergio and Jesus for me

2 changes for this bring kun back in to play up top with Jesus and gundo in for ferna.

Can't rest both Silva and KDB against a park the bus side, one of Sane and Sterling should start

Both Ilkay and Bernardo are due a start, so I'll go

Ederson
Walker Otamendi Stones Delph
Ferdinhino
Bernardo KDB Ilkay Sane
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.