Dzeko

We are that good.
0d4fc20a25c56a5192d1c9e5f0d31b8b.jpg

I have often pondered how for a while we let Edin go and brought Bony in as a replacement...........

Because Edin wanted to leave to be a true first team player, it isn't that complicated really is it ?

Now you can ponder all day long how somebody thought Bony was a replacement for Dzeko, a very expensive mistake.

Dzeko. The world class striker we bought despite having no wingers to cross to him.

We never played to his strengths, and we really should have.

He'd be a murderer in this Pep team with Sane/Walker etc.

2 goals against Chelsea and the second assisted by Aleks, who also scored.

Happy to see them doing well. Nothing but respect for those two and what they helped the club accomplish.

From me too.

I was delighted to see the two of them score last night and Edin's first was a fantastic strike.

Dzeko's always been an immense talent, particularly when he's been able to get a run of games under his belt (1st half of 2011/12 + 2nd half of 2013/14). But when it came down to it Aguero was always going to be first choice, which meant Dzeko was either rotated a load or simply benched.

I really doubt the idea that he was ever surplus, it's more that he was too good to feature as relatively infrequently as he did. So when he had a chance to move on he took it, and it's worked out great for him.

It's nothing like the De Bruyne at Chelsea mistake; in fact it's far more comparable with Toure at Barcelona. He was never not good enough for them but Busquets was always getting picked first when it mattered. So we ended getting him.

I do miss him at city. With him our attack would be perfect right now with a forward that offers aerial threat.

It wasnt easy for him at city with aguero and tevez ahead of him. 2 worldclass forwards. Ecen then his record at city wasnt bad at all. If i am not wrong his minutes per goal ratio is in the top 6 or 7. It was 125 or 135m or something like that.

Anyhow Good luck to him. Good to see him doing well in Roma

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.