Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long are they going to drag out 'they started last season well and were unbeaten for the first 10 games', its only a matter of time til lthey crumble. Funnily enough we play our 13th game of the season tomorrow but i keep hearing this 'they did well for 10 games last season' line. According to Mark Schwartzer on TS just now we are only 8 games into our season and crumbled after 10, so plenty of time. This all to back up his prediction that united will win the league.

Was that Mark Schwartzer the very well respected pundit or Mark Schwartzer who used to play in goal for a few middle of the league teams ?

How long are they going to drag out 'they started last season well and were unbeaten for the first 10 games', its only a matter of time til lthey crumble. Funnily enough we play our 13th game of the season tomorrow but i keep hearing this 'they did well for 10 games last season' line. According to Mark Schwartzer on TS just now we are only 8 games into our season and crumbled after 10, so plenty of time. This all to back up his prediction that united will win the league.

The thing they never address with that stat about last season is the difference in how well we're playing this season compared to last!

Likewise for me, the continuing reference to the 10 games at the start of last season grates everytime I here it.

Maybe it doesn't suit the narrative that we have only lost once in the last 25 league games. Alternatively, since the defeat at Chelsea last season, we are unbeaten for 16 league games with a record of W13 D3 L0.

Likewise for me, the continuing reference to the 10 games at the start of last season grates everytime I here it.

Maybe it doesn't suit the narrative that we have only lost once in the last 25 league games. Alternatively, since the defeat at Chelsea last season, we are unbeaten for 16 league games with a record of W13 D3 L0.

I mentioned this to someone today, and thought I was making it up.

Also pointed out that the 10 games last year was in all comps and not just the league.

Penny finally hit home but it took a while.

The thing they never address with that stat about last season is the difference in how well we're playing this season compared to last!

They way I look at it is what glaring weakness do we have? Last season the game plan to fluster us was simple. That's not really working this season and clubs that try it are conceding 5 or more goals. We're a much more daunting task this season and seems to take a very good team to even give us a good game.

To help those who are not quite convinced that there is a pro-Rag agenda, I have compiled a Man United Football Pundits Team as follows:

Goalkeeper
Schmeichel (Sky)

Defence

G Neville (Sky)
P Neville (BBC)
Ferdinand (BT Sport)

Midfield
Keane (BT Sport)
Scholes (BT Sport)
Hargreaves (BT Sport)
Giggs (ITV)
Savage (BBC)

Attack
Owen (BT Sport)
Yorke (Sky)

As you can see, all major UK football broadcasters are covered. You could say, swamped with ex-United players.

As a side note, with the exception of Savage, that's not a bad team

To help those who are not quite convinced that there is a pro-Rag agenda, I have compiled a Man United Football Pundits Team as follows:

Goalkeeper
Schmeichel (Sky)

Defence

G Neville (Sky)
P Neville (BBC)
Ferdinand (BT Sport)

Midfield
Keane (BT Sport)
Scholes (BT Sport)
Hargreaves (BT Sport)
Giggs (ITV)
Savage (BBC)

Attack
Owen (BT Sport)
Yorke (Sky)

As you can see, all major UK football broadcasters are covered. You could say, swamped with ex-United players.

As a side note, with the exception of Savage, that's not a bad team

Hargreaves is a bit of a stretch when he only played 27 times for them - only 26 more than he played for City. Savage I'll give you as he was a youth player even if he didn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.