Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their results to date are based on resolute defending. They will be able to offer nothing going forward and subsequently will be unable to resist our attack for 90 minutes. 3,4 or 5 nil is my prediction, and that is not over confidence but rather application of basic intelligence.

It certainly is a game for Aguero to start as he is physically stronger than Jesus and was superb carrying the line last season when we won with just 10 men. If he does start tomorrow I believe it will be the day he breaks the record.
Having broken a rib myself, I'm not sure Aguero will be 100% just yet. It takes a long time to fully heal. Pep might risk him last half hour if we are well on top, but I'm really not sure he'll start. I know players shouldn't be on the bench if they are not fit to start the game, but how else is he going to get game time?

Anyone else really struggling to predict the team for this one? I feel like it may be time to put a bit of trust in the likes of Bernardo and Gundogan as some of the team looked to tire on Wednesday. Jesus has played a lot of football in the past few weeks too but i think it would be a mistake to put Aguero in unless he's totally healed (which is hard to believe), i think they'll just exploit his injury and muscle him out of the game. Really can't decide what he'll go with. (which is making picking my fantasy football team kind of hard).

bad weather should be more of problem for Burnley as we have more skillful players and play the ball on the ground

I haven't watched Burnley too often this season but defensively they've been very good and they have bit more creativity than last season.

I would expect they will try and play a more physical version of Everton's game in that they don't have a quick mobile centre forward like Calvert Lewin but instead will have a more physical forward in Wood. They'll hope to get a couple of opportunities to get decent balls in from our wide from the like of Brady, Ward and Hendrick and hope one or two count. They'll also look for set pieces so our back four has to be vigilant to avoid silly fouls.

The key for us will be to get in behind their back four whether through them or the side of them. If we get in front force them to play a little.

As always starting well is vital for us.

I am also concerned that we have an extremely dodgy referee in Roger East. They will get licence to kick and foul, I hope we don't get frustrated and react and pick up cards.

Having broken a rib myself, I'm not sure Aguero will be 100% just yet. It takes a long time to fully heal. Pep might risk him last half hour if we are well on top, but I'm really not sure he'll start. I know players shouldn't be on the bench if they are not fit to start the game, but how else is he going to get game time?
I cracked a rib when hit with a ball playing cricket and I was still in agony just doing routine stuff like turning over in bed about 2 or 3 months later. He must be having an injection to totally numb the area otherwise I just don't see how he'd be able to play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.