Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win by 5 tomorrow (I don't think we will!) we would become the first team since 1931 to win 4 consecutive home games by a 5 goal or more margin. An 86 year old record could go.

Their results to date are based on resolute defending. They will be able to offer nothing going forward and subsequently will be unable to resist our attack for 90 minutes. 3,4 or 5 nil is my prediction, and that is not over confidence but rather application of basic intelligence.

It certainly is a game for Aguero to start as he is physically stronger than Jesus and was superb carrying the line last season when we won with just 10 men. If he does start tomorrow I believe it will be the day he breaks the record.

Football can be unpredictable so anything could happen from Burnley fluking a goal (they put an unexpectedly good strike past us last season) and keeping a clean sheet (we are still capable of missing good chances) to us scoring early, again, and battering them; which is why I never make predictions of our scorelines.

Clearly, if the players maintain their recent form, they are very likely to win but you never know when form will take a dip.

Every game is a new and interesting challenge at the moment. No one can doubt that City are a better team than they were a year ago for a host of reasons that, together add up to a major step forward. Those reasons include:
  • Most of the players that are still here having improved individually and having progressively adapted to Guardiola's requirements.
  • The improvement in some players has been substantial e.g. Stones, Sane and Aguero.
  • The expensive new signings have strengthened the squad; particularly in the key areas of full back and keeper.
  • Guardiola knows his players and opponents strengths and weaknesses better and has apparently found a formation that really works well and harnesses the brilliance of Silva and De Bruyne.
  • Gabriel Jesus is available (and I'm not convinced Aguero is much stronger).
One challenge now facing the team is will it set a record breaking winning run? Records are there to be broken but they often endure because doing so is not easy and is not something to be taken for granted (BTW, not saying you are or giving anyone a lecture here; just giving my point of view).

What's also interesting for this game is whether Pep sees it as time to freshen things up and rest some guys and, if he does, what effect it has?

We play anything like we have been and there is only 1 outcome and that's an easy home win.

Is it just me being paranoid but his answers to questions about Vinny the last few conferences are not very convincing - he always just says he is not ready, doesn't elaborate on what the injury is, what the timescale for recovery is, where he is up to in his recovery even nothing about looking forward to his return

He just closes the question down completely

Is there something else going on?

Is it just me being paranoid but his answers to questions about Vinny the last few conferences are not very convincing - he always just says he is not ready, doesn't elaborate on what the injury is, what the timescale for recovery is, where he is up to in his recovery even nothing about looking forward to his return

He just closes the question down completely

Is there something else going on?
I think he just doesn't really care for the question anymore, we are fine without him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.