Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this quote in the Guardian’s ‘Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend’ feature.

I now live in the states, where I can thankfully watch nearly every match City plays on TV, including most friendlies. Of course it was at times difficult to find our matches when I was in god’s own city (and especially when I lived in Spain) but I thought that was improving as of late and hadn’t realised this sort of “blackout” was happening for us this season.

For those lucky/poor bastards (depending on your perspective) still living in the UK, is this actually happening? And, if so, what do you make of it?

Is there an agenda to keep our swashbuckling play away from the hungry eyes of the neutral?

Are United being shown in the same way or do they have more broadcast time?

Is this just a normal “blip” in scheduling that will correct itself as the season goes on?

Interested to hear everyone’s thoughts.

They expect us to be in the reckoning so don't want to fill their quota too early.

Haha, ffs! I hope you're not being serious?!
Honestly, Ric, I wouldn’t put it past the broadcasters or the FA at this point. Especially given some of the seedy collusion I see regularly in my work.

Even coverage here is anti-City much of the time (despite our current form). It wears on you.

Or maybe I’ve become too paranoid and cynical?

Watford, Palace, Stoke and Burnley don’t jump out as standout fixtures so think that’s all it is.

Probably the case. I just hadn’t thought about the schedule and the broadcast rules enough to realise we weren’t being shown. A cousin and a mate there had both complained about a match or two not being on but they complain about everything so I didn’t think we hadn’t be on as much as that.

They expect us to be in the reckoning so don't want to fill their quota too early.

Finally someone with a criminal mind like mine.

Last edited:
I think the 3pm’s help at the moment, let’s us go a bit more under the radar!

I don’t read as much as some but general view we are getting serious praise and Mourinho is getting slated off some and praised off others for his defensive appoarch. However City is the stick being used to beat him!

I think it would be pretty naive not to recognise that the other lot's name added quite a bit to recognition potential for City around the world. Prospective investors would have noted that.

Having a major international airport was more important, same as Melbourne and New York.

Having a major international airport was more important, same as Melbourne and New York.

Nah. Or they'd be queueing up for Crawley. I don't see the big deal. Newton Heath named themselves after City for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.