Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit brutal, but sadly all too true...
as I said I love the guy for what he has done at city and rightly imo call him a city legend , but he really isn't any use to the team anymore ,even when fit he is a liability :( because you just don't know if he's going to break down again during the match affecting our substitution strategy ,

ive always been city first players next, weve got to look at the bigger picture , and sadly vinny isn't in it.

We have to move on now from vinny. Been incredible but the club have been fair with him. We can’t have another 18 months relying on him when he might play ten or twenty games.

I have a theory reading between the lines......

Obviously a genuine injury but I think our medical team get him to a certain stage and say, that as far as they are concerned, he is fit to play. Then it's up to Vinny if he feels his calf will hold up. This then becomes a psychological issue for Kompany....if he believes it will go again he won't train or play. Whether he is right or not nobody knows. It could just be a confidence thing.

The above scenario fits Pep's statement that he is very close to coming back followed by he has no idea when he will be back and it's up to Vinny to tell him as he knows his own body.

I think he is physically fit but, after every set back, there is the mental hurdle to get over.

So when Vinny gets a small set back that other players would shrug off it becomes a big issue for Vinny who will be thinking of not missing out on the latter stages of the CL and the WC.

It's all I can think of that would explain the comments. Notice there has been no mention of a second injury or indeed a set back, just its up to Vinny and we don't know.

Let him go where? He has 2 years left on his contract so we’re In no position to just say thanks for your service now off you pop.

In Pep’s mind, he’s done. I suspect he will either get his coaching badges or enjoy a comfy chair in the pundit lounge.

It is sad to say, but other than a possible cameo role sometime this season, we may have seen the last serious period of his career. I’m sure he is desperate to get fit for Russia, but that might be his swan song for both club and country.

Let him go where? He has 2 years left on his contract so we’re In no position to just say thanks for your service now off you pop.

He's no use, we're paying him shit loads of money for him to get treated. I agree with @peace frog ...sell him and bring in another fit centre back

I love the guy but there's no room for sentiment in this day and age

I've had this nagging thought for a couple of weeks that won't go away that this "injury" is cover for something else.

It's Pep's responses to questions about him. He just gives nothing away. No detail nothing

Like he doesn't want to be associated or to be seen as helping cover something up if the real reason comes out - something like a failed test

I know it's mad but it just won't go away

I've had this nagging thought for a couple of weeks that won't go away that this "injury" is cover for something else.

It's Pep's responses to questions about him. He just gives nothing away. No detail nothing

Like he doesn't want to be associated or to be seen as helping cover something up if the real reason comes out - something like a failed test

I know it's mad but it just won't go away

See my post five above yours. I think that's it but it's human nature to speculalate it's something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.