Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd have been closer to those two if we'd paid £60m+ for him. Rather surprising that his fee isn't mentioned more often.

Not surprising for me. They won’t mention it because he will prove to be one of the biggest bargains in history.

If he cost £70m and the price tag and his name would never be separated. Very under rated. I thought Mbappe had more potential before but now I think Jesus will edge it and become the better player.

Not surprising for me. They won’t mention it because he will prove to be one of the biggest bargains in history.

If he cost £70m and the price tag and his name would never be separated. Very under rated. I thought Mbappe had more potential before but now I think Jesus will edge it and become the better player.
How's Jesus underrated if he's in top 3? Love GJ, but Mbappe is comfortably better player, there can be only one winner of the award.

Jesus close to being unbeaten in 12 calendar months of competitive play at club and international level.

Jesus edges out Mbappe for me.

How's Jesus underrated if he's in top 3? Love GJ, but Mbappe is comfortably better player, there can be only one winner of the award.

He’s under rated because he is number 9 of Brazil scoring goals for club and country for fun and is only 20. Flawless transition to the best league in the world yet there is little talk about him.

Mbappe is not even close. Stayed in the same league, went to a better team and is struggling to come close to last seasons form. 2 goals in a farmers league. He will be a top top striker but he isn’t better than Jesus.

He hasn't lost a competetive football match since the 29th of October 2016 with Palmeiras. Unbelievable stat really.

He’s under rated because he is number 9 of Brazil scoring goals for club and country for fun and is only 20. Flawless transition to the best league in the world yet there is little talk about him.

Mbappe is not even close. Stayed in the same league, went to a better team and is struggling to come close to last seasons form. 2 goals in a farmers league. He will be a top top striker but he isn’t better than Jesus.
I guess you havn't watched Mbappe this season then. He's not the same style of a player as Jesus but I'd argue that Mbappe already is one of the best strikers in the world. He's been playing on the wing for PSG and has been absolutely phenomenal. Imo they are both astonishing talents with Mbappe edging it for me atm but they are close. To say that Jesus is far better is pretty arrogant tbh and shows that you havn't watched PSG/Mbappe this season.

Mate, you're surely not watching Mbappe if you're referring to numbers only. He has improved compared to last season. He plays as right-footed RW both in PSG and France (that explains his stats) and often outshines Neymar and Griezmann. You definitely should watch his compilations at least, his vision, awareness and decision-making is almost Messi level. He's that good, and he's getting better. Not taking anything from Jesus.

I guess you havn't watched Mbappe this season then. He's not the same style of a player as Jesus but I'd argue that Mbappe already is one of the best strikers in the world. He's been playing on the wing for PSG and has been absolutely phenomenal. Imo they are both astonishing talents with Mbappe edging it for me atm but they are close. To say that Jesus is far better is pretty arrogant tbh and shows that you havn't watched PSG/Mbappe this season.

Tbf the poster before also said mbappe is comfortably better which is not the case. It can be argued whom is better but I don't think one is comfortably better than the other atm. Mbappe's last 6 months have been incredible but that doesn't make someone one of the best strikers in the world and I wouldn't say the same of jesus as well. They both have to do it consistently at the highest level for more than two seasons for that statement to even ring true. For my money I still think jesus will end up the superior player but it will be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.