Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Just got in from the game. Shit weather but a great result in those conditions, even better when you look at the other results!

Thought Stones, Otamendi, Delph and Sane in moments were the stand outs.

Last edited:
Good battling performance against a tough team in tough conditions. Sane, De Bruyne and Dave were all well off the pace and yet we still created enough to win that by 5, while the defence looks very solid and Ederson continues to look like a fucking hero.

Burnley are gash. Lump it up hoping for knockdowns, league two stuff really. Should've had another penalty when the Burnley player handled a shot and pretended it hit him in the face. City turned up the heat second half, excellent football in the wet and wind vs an in your face clogging team. Great win.

I take it that most posting on this thread so far didn't go to the game? - strange that hardly anyone is taking into account the appalling weather conditions, it was fucking horrific and played well into Burnley's hands, and we did fantastic to come through that unscathed.

Bernardo isn't a winger (@i8rags), soon as he came inside he was much better in the last 20/25 mins.

Just watched the penalty incident with Bernardo.
Did the commentator really say that he dragged his leg into the keepers knee?
He did nothing of the sort, the goalies knee had trapped Bernardos foot under it.
It was as clear a penalty I've seen.

Thought i was hearing things but Savage on the radio just said it was a stonewall penalty. He also said that an ex-ref plus a few ex-players in the studio also agreed with him.

Credit to the defence and GK today. All outstanding. Never mind how hard they made it for us, we limited them to virtually nothing. Stones (MOTM) and Otamendi are automatic starters now (sorry Vincent) and Ederson is one of our most important signings of recent years. Still waiting for Bernardo to really dominate a game and David Silva slowed many promising attacks down today and took and extra touch when it wasn't needed after Sane's dummy left him with a virtual open goal. Disappointing to see sow many empty seats at the final whistle - bad weather must have added to the number of early leavers. Great win. 3 goals and a clean sheet and a good second half performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.