Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
An odd thing I noticed today was that it actually took him over 4 minutes to get a touch of the ball. I think every outfield player had had multiple touches before he ever saw it. That rather set the tone for his first half, and it was interesting that throughout the game his best moments came when he drifted centrally. He will destroy teams in the spring.

His strengths don't include wide play. He is much more effective centrally where he will go directly at the defenders' penalty area!

Still needs time to adjust to the physicality and pace of PL football. As well as his teammates. A few times he was dwelling on the ball far too long. And struggled to find his teammate a couple of times.

Clearly a classy player though. Today was a good learning experience for him IMO. I have no doubt he will be a star for us.

Handy player to have. His quality is without question - just a case of getting up to speed with what’s required from him.

You have to give credit to Burnley. An incredibly organised team that have rightly been praised for their ability to reatrict the opposition. Bernardo is going to replace Silva and play centrally. Wasted out wide because he does not have the pace but he has such technique and guile to beat a few players and thread a pass.

He is such a quality player. With him and gundogan we can replace Silva and De Bruyne without suffering too much of a drop in performance and those two positions are key. The rags are showing with their lack of quality that in this league you will struggle without creative options.

thought he was really good in second half
technically amazing and contributes to the control the team had in second half , i prefer him in a central position
have the feeling in a couple of weeks he will be at this top

tumblr_oy6rjoaVnu1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.