The Kinks

Well you were getting the Beatles and the stones rammed down yer throats The kinks CCR the doors all brilliant bands.
In the 60's Beatles and Stones were the biggest bands in the world
Next came middle order bands like Kinks, Traffic, Small Faces, The Move, The Hollies, The Animals, Moody Blues, Procal Harem etc great bands but wouldnt fill stadiums

Took my old man to see Ray Davies' musical "Sunny Afternoon" last year. I've always loved the Kinks' music so thought it was brilliant. Well worth a watch if it's still showing anywhere.

I know what you mean but You'd be wrong on that mate....lets give those black blues guys their due.

"Whole Lotta Love" is a song by English hard rock band Led Zeppelin. ... Parts of the song were adapted from Willie Dixon's "You Need Love", recorded by Muddy Waters in 1962; originally uncredited to Dixon, a lawsuit in 1985 was settled with a payment to Dixon and credit on subsequent releases.
Led Zeppelin (Robert Plant) was a big fan of Steve Marriott, and followed the Small Faces. 'You need Lovin' by them was
Zeps take on the same song.

In the 60's Beatles and Stones were the biggest bands in the world
Next came middle order bands like Kinks, Traffic, Small Faces, The Move, The Hollies, The Animals, Moody Blues, Procal Harem etc great bands but wouldnt fill stadiums
'Middle rated band'?
Come off it mate, they were much more than that.
Much bigger than groups like the Animals and the Move.

Make the gallagher brothers look like a pair of fannies
That's not a high musical bar to be fair. There is a reason every shite pub band in the country who play for £25 a night each play so many Oasis songs. They are entry level guitar standard and once youve learned to play one song you can play them all

That's not a high musical bar to be fair. There is a reason every shite pub band in the country who play for £25 a night each play so many Oasis songs. They are entry level guitar standard and once youve learned to play one song you can play them all

I was on about the sibling rivaly not Oasis's music style.

'Middle rated band'?
Come off it mate, they were much more than that.
Much bigger than groups like the Animals and the Move.
Actually in the USA The Animals were way bigger than The Kinks, Kinks were a very British band , like The Small Faces, always sang in a British accent, The Kinks were never a big stadium band like The Who.
Upon saying all that I love The Kinks more than The Who or those other bands, love that song Shangri-La

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.