David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious by now to everyone Pep said to Dave "shave your head if you want to be in my team"

Dave strolled into work head shaved like nothing had happened and has absolutely bossed it so far.

He's even been made to wear a head bandage recently and Dave is still an absolute king of super skills, Pep looks good too.

What a Godlike player our David Silva is.

Best ever City player.

City fans know he is a genius. I watched it and just laughed at the audacity and ease with which he did it!

I’m just saying that the so-called experts miss real brilliance while riding the bandwagon of the back page stars they create themselves.
He didnt even look where delph was.
Amazing skill by the most amazing player

Hasn't been very good with the final pass the last 2 games. Which is both surprising and disconcerting. Making well times defense splitting passes was his forte. But of late he has on many key occasions just held on a fraction or 2 too long.

Sane sadly has been the loser on multiple such occasions. As he was often about to blow by the retreating Defensive line if Silva had just slipped it thru. :(

Hasn't been very good with the final pass the last 2 games. Which is both surprising and disconcerting. Making well times defense splitting passes was his forte. But of late he has on many key occasions just held on a fraction or 2 too long.

Sane sadly has been the loser on multiple such occasions. As he was often about to blow by the retreating Defensive line if Silva had just slipped it thru. :(
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this, particularly with Sane.

He's still got that moment of magic to him. The pass for Jesus vs Bournemouth and the one to KDB immediately before the penalty suggest that he's still got it.

What's difficult is to pinpoint why it's not working. I do wonder if his age is catching up on him, which would be sad but what can you do? I clearly don't truly know so it's pointless to speculate beyond that.

He's still playing excellently. It's just he's lost that edge. But as far as I'm concerned he's still captain fantastic in my eyes. Here's to more Merlin.

There have been a few occasions recently where the pass to Sane looked the obvious option but Silva has done something else - I do wonder if the natural angle of the pass/run feels wrong for him in that he is usually travelling left to right and of course is so left footed but the pass needs a right foot to go inside the defender. KdB on the other hand usually hits passes to Sane at the natural angle. I know that David's left foot is so magical that at times he seems to be able to do anything - but he does seem to prefer shorter passes into feet than a long pass onto a runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.