Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only use I see of him in the wing role is if the team needs to keep possession or control in a game and take the sting/momentum out of the opposition like he did when he came on against napoli. Otherwise the team seems to lose a bit of a threat when he plays on that side. Every good attack in the game came from sane's side and there were a couple of times where the team will be on the break where no one would be available on the right side as an option and I'd think to myself sterling would be open there if he was playing. Its no fault of his own as he just doesnt have the pace and positional play that sterling has on that side. Everything he does seem to be on his left foot meaning he's always coming inside to create, very rarely if ever goes on the outside to put a cross in and takes more touches than necessary at times when the team is on the break.

All these things are great like I said if the team needs to control a game and keep possession but when the team plays with pace and with quick incisive breaks like it has the past couple of weeks it becomes a bit predictable with him on the right and unless walker is overlapping his threat becomes nullified when he plays there. I still prefer him in this current system in the 8 role or even as a false 9 where his technical ability and close control can be most effective to bring players in. I hope this doesn't come off as too much of a criticism as I rate him very highly and see him long-term as a natural successor to david.

I think the only use I see of him in the wing role is if the team needs to keep possession or control in a game and take the sting/momentum out of the opposition like he did when he came on against napoli. Otherwise the team seems to lose a bit of a threat when he plays on that side. Every good attack in the game came from sane's side and there were a couple of times where the team will be on the break where no one would be available on the right side as an option and I'd think to myself sterling would be open there if he was playing. Its no fault of his own as he just doesnt have the pace and positional play that sterling has on that side. Everything he does seem to be on his left foot meaning he's always coming inside to create, very rarely if ever goes on the outside to put a cross in and takes more touches than necessary at times when the team is on the break.

All these things are great like I said if the team needs to control a game and keep possession but when the team plays with pace and with quick incisive breaks like it has the past couple of weeks it becomes a bit predictable with him on the right and unless walker is overlapping his threat becomes nullified when he plays there. I still prefer him in this current system in the 8 role or even as a false 9 where his technical ability and close control can be most effective to bring players in. I hope this doesn't come off as too much of a criticism as I rate him very highly and see him long-term as a natural successor to david.
+1

This guy is special that’s all I’ve got to say, come back and kick me in the bollox at the end of the season if I’m wrong

Needs to start with Gundogan in midfield on Tuesday. Give them both 90 min. We need them up to speed as soon as possible.

Bernardo was bought to play in midfield and he looks much better than. Can take a few players out of the game and deliver the killer pass as he has done count times for Monaco most notably against us in the CL.

Can’t wait until he is up to speed and will be ready to slot right in to the big games as well.

Generally excellent, but could have done better, is my summary of him yesterday. Occasionally hangs on to the ball too long, and missed a sitter, but really pleased to see him getting all that game time. Sure to improve with more PL game time.
Him and Gundo together on Tuesday please.

I think the balance of the side is a bit off with him wide, all his best moments were through the middle, he needs more game time covering for KdB and Silva.

I said a couple pages ago that signing Sanchez would address the balance problem. In my opinion anyway.

I said a couple pages ago that signing Sanchez would address the balance problem. In my opinion anyway.

Sterling would have addressed the balance, we don't need to add Sanchez in somewhere to find balance.

Not to mention Sanchez will come inside as much as Bernardo.

Sterling would have addressed the balance, we don't need to add Sanchez in somewhere to find balance.

Not to mention Sanchez will come inside as much as Bernardo.
Sterling on the left will not address any problems of balance. He's best off either wide right or in the middle.

Sanchez and B. Silva cutting inside in equal measure does suggest balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.