Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s an unimportant distinction. Whether the bias is intentional, unintentional or institutionalised, the net result as far as City is concerned is the same.

This thread is about the media. Therefore in that context i believe it is an important distinction because if its subconscious and the Network just gives more work to pundits that get the best ratings. its just the way of the world , its just about money not a conspiracy against City.
But you as a supporter don't see this perspective , unlike me that is an follower not a supporter). So I have to accept your view in good faith. But can you explain why.

In my opinion the Net result may be the same short term, but not long term.

I take it you would all love an ex Man city player as a regular pundit. who would you go with?

I can only think of paul dickov.

I take it you would all love an ex Man city player as a regular pundit. who would you go with?

Trevor Sinclair is on occasionally and always speaks well, no matter who's playing
Richard Dunne is our BT man on CL nights. He's a bit too quiet but it's still early days in his media career

This thread is about the media. Therefore in that context i believe it is an important distinction because if its subconscious and the Network just gives more work to pundits that get the best ratings. its just the way of the world , its just about money not a conspiracy against City.
But you as a supporter don't see this perspective , unlike me that is an follower not a supporter). So I have to accept your view in good faith. But can you explain why.

As discussed Trevor Sinclair and Richard Dunne or two ex-blues who commentate on games but I doubt even ex-city players would resolve the problem for some. Many on this forum hate Niall Quinn and even boyhood blue Andy Himchcliffe and scorer in the 5-1 gets slated by some.

Other posters are more reasonable and I agreed with many who thought the choice of the likes of Ferdinand for our champs lge games was a poor choice. The coverage has vastly inproved of late.

Some sadly see bias everywhere and for many it is self-perpetuating as they continue to tune in to the likes of TalkSport who’s modus operandi is to make outlandish statements, provoke, to get people to tune/phone in and highlight this as evidence of bias.

Mike Summerbee would be my choice...he loves the club and wouldn't let the rag twats on TV slag us off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.