Micro SD cards 128 thingies

Watch out for branded “bargains” on the internet.
Very often they are crap forgeries.

Definitely go for one off Amazon or somewhere, but they are much of a muchness really. The cheaper ones will be slower which too some is inexcusable but your average person wont really notice it. This will be fine, http://amzn.to/2yA4p6j

Cheers

I bought a cheap 64gb one off the internet, cost about a fiver. I used it on my phone and it worked fine for a couple of months, but then it crashed and I lost everything on it. No biggie for me as there wasn't that much data on it at the time, but I paid considerably more for it's replacement and wouldn't bother with a cheap one again.

I had 2 Kingston cards fail in my Samsung phones. Kingston after checking they were genuine sent me 2 recommendations for low level formatting tools when this didn't work sent me replacements, So couldn't fault the customer service.

Seems a device conflict with with Samsung caused them to fail from certain batches.

Dont buy cheap ones of the internet
They are fakes from China
I bought 2 and both failed after Id put heaps of stuff on, very annoying

If it's in a Samsung stick with the Samsung branded sd cards. Like others have said, I have had the Kingston and Sandisk ones fail but not the Samsung ones. Might be just bad luck but also could be something in it.
If you are recording directly to it with HD or 4K video, go for as fast as you can afford 80Mb/s or greater. If it's just for music and photos, or you move the files from the devices main memory onto the sd card just for storage then speed is not so important.
Finally make sure the the device supports the size of card you are buying. Some older devices would not recognise cards larger than 64Gb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.