Our attendances

I don’t like the sight of the empty seats, I don’t know why it happens.
We had a full stadium for the first couple of years when we first moved. Looked much better.
Are season tickets that cheap that people justify buying them only to avtudkky go to the big fixtures?
I think it’s madness expanding the ground any further also

We had a full stadium for the first couple of years when we first moved. Looked much better.
Are season tickets that cheap that people justify buying them only to avtudkky go to the big fixtures?

I completely disagree. We have sold out all home league games pretty much since the expansion. I don’t think we have had a league crowd below 52,000. Let’s say the average season ticket holder missis 3 games a season. That’s one in 6 games. Seems about correct for the number of empty seats. Some put on seat exchange but for others it is not worth the hassle as they may only decide they can’t go last minute. I can’t wait until we get 60000 every week. Also the population of Manchester is growing hugely. Students from overseas and other parts of the country are staying here as it is a decent place to live. Yesterday looked full again but the rain didn’t help. This is a non issue to me. How many other clubs in Europe can guarantee 50000 plus week in week out?

Lad next to me has been once all season. Can’t get my head aaround how you could miss so many matches. Baffling

That might be me, I have only been twice, but its been a shit season, my dad died and my daughter had a heart attack.

should be back for Arsenal

I completely disagree. We have sold out all home league games pretty much since the expansion. I don’t think we have had a league crowd below 52,000. Let’s say the average season ticket holder missis 3 games a season. That’s one in 6 games. Seems about correct for the number of empty seats. Some put on seat exchange but for others it is not worth the hassle as they may only decide they can’t go last minute. I can’t wait until we get 60000 every week. Also the population of Manchester is growing hugely. Students from overseas and other parts of the country are staying here as it is a decent place to live. Yesterday looked full again but the rain didn’t help. This is a non issue to me. How many other clubs in Europe can guarantee 50000 plus week in week out?
Agree with you, if we go to 60,000 then if your one in six is right then the empty seats will only go up by 1/6 as well. We are definately selling matchday tickets quicker this season and making inroads in reselling s/ c seats put on resale, so hopefully expasion will come soon. Watched the BT goals program on Wednesday night loads of empty seats around the grounds especially the Barcelona game.

How are spurs now getting 80000+....what was white hart lanes old capacity....even with increased away fans thats still a hell of a jump in attendance!

How are spurs now getting 80000+....what was white hart lanes old capacity....even with increased away fans thats still a hell of a jump in attendance!

5 million people live in north London. Huge tourist demand. Good access links. Still impressive though.

Three home games on the bounce monsoon type weather 50.000 plus again. another great attendence

They have fans scattered across the Home Counties, the prices for Wembley are cheaper than WHL and there will be thousands of people buying tickets who are day trippers/PL fans probably foreign who like taking in PL games, remember the thousands of fans from the Far East who used to watch Fulham when they were in the PL, they aren’t there now.

Like it or not we are quite provincial, probably 9 out of 10 of our match going fans probably live within a twenty mile radius of the ground. We do not have hordes of fans scattered around the country or thousands coming over from Ireland. The interest in the club from overseas has increased dramatically but in the UK outside the Manchester area barely at all.

Last edited:

i agree with that, as in it looked a lot fuller a few years back. obviously we've had the expansion so that contributes. i think one of the main reasons is because the club keep tickets back for corporates and trips ( thomas cook club?) - things like that and dont release them. for instance in the family stand there are sometimes large groups together. whereas a few years ago they didnt do that as much and most in level 1 would be season ticket holders. i think they should expand, but it depends. if they make it cheap ad affordable we will sell out. tbh i dont think we have the fan base to fill a 60,000 ground every week.
we have a core fan base imo of around 45,000. and as said above most of our support/match goers come from greater manchester.we dont have coach loads of fans coming from all over like united. the coaches i do see at the etihad are local mainly. bred bury blues, bullocks coaches, moston ,didsbury..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.