Breaking records/stats thread

I think Gary James did as good a job as anyone to explain it for you. What's next extra time goals don't count because they weren't in normal time? That's probably what you're missing "normal time" can end but the game itself goes on and is "decided" either in extra time or penalties. The match doesn't "finish" on the whistle for normal time.

So no Aguero's record wasn't broken last night but the match was decided on penalties and City win the tie.
Gary didn't explain it though imo, as he believes wrongly again imo that the moscow game is classed as a win when it's not been in any stats I can find. He is using that as a precedent for us classing last night as a win. Yet if we use the precedent correctly it would be a draw.

....to determine the winner!

You’re missing out the important part mate.
I don't think I am. You can win the tie without winning the match. If we win the semi first leg 1-0 then get beat in the second leg 0-1 and win on pens did we win the second leg?
The team scoring the greater number of goals is the winner. If both teams score
no goals or an equal number of goals the match is drawn.

When competition rules require a winning team after a drawn match or home-
and-away tie, the only permitted procedures to determine the winning team
are:
• away goals rule
• two equal periods of extra time not exceeding 15 minutes each
• kicks from the penalty mark

I don't think I am. You can win the tie without winning the match. If we win the semi first leg 1-0 then get beat in the second leg 0-1 and win on pens did we win the second leg?
You’ve literally just quoted the important part “to determine the winning team”

You’re proving the point.

the only permitted procedures to determine the winning team

You’ve literally just quoted the important part “to determine the winning team”

You’re proving the point.
Winning team of the tie not the match it clearly states the match is classed as drawn.

I can see how it can interpreted different but to me a drawn game isn't a win.
Years ago they used to toss a coin to see who went through if you won the toss is it a win?

Winning team of the tie not the match it clearly states the match is classed as drawn.

I can see how it can interpreted different but to me a drawn game isn't a win.
Years ago they used to toss a coin to see who went through if you won the toss is it a win?
Mate. Let’s agree to disagree. It’s like arguing with a religious person and I’m sure you feel the same.

I’m with @domalino on this one, it’s not a win so our consecuive win streak has ended. The result is a DRAW.

Both us and Wolves are going into the draw for the next round.

Hey, I'm all for it going down as a win if that's what it is officially.

Since you seem to be arguing this alone so far bluesmith, just wanted you to know that I agree with you. It's not anti-City to think it should be classed as a draw.
oruji8.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.