Carabao Cup 5th Round Draw

I think I speak for everyone when I say let's fuck it off.

Let small time clubs like united battle for this sort of cup, our aim should be higher.

Edit; I see I used the word battle, in reference to united progression through this competition but considering their fixtures it's about the same as trying to box a sleeping no armed man and only winning on points
You don't speak for me.
Had great days out watching us beat Sunderland and Liverpool in 2014 and 2016. It didn't stop us winning the league in 2014.

I am not sure the sponsors would like it though. We have had things like this with other cup competitions and they don’t flourish unfortunately. Full members cup for example.
Yep. The competition was originally devised to help rake in some early season cash for lower league teams. Take out the big guns and you've just got another Johnson's Paint Trophy.

I would prefer that this competition started around pre-season with the final late November-ish. Maybe start off with some seeded group stages so lower league teams get some guaranteed big games and a chance for giant killing when the Prem teams are still getting going.

Taking this cup serious will cost us dearly there are already too many fixtures due to the international breaks and early season end for WC, getting difficult draws with the increased travelling and reduced preparation time for the games that matter If we beat Leicester then it’s a two leg semi right after the Xmas fixtures, then the ECL starts again Nonsesnse cup that should either be ditched or reformatted to exclude clubs in Europe

Taking away the big guns of today will decrease media attention worldwide to make this competition even less interesing. And I´m sure the smaller clubs would love to draw one of the big guns i.e. Bristol City will easily sell out the game vs the rags, with their fans looking foreward for what is to them a really big occassion. They will take it for granted playing a Mourinho-boring side .
Furthermore we and many like us have a big squad that is or should be able to compete in 4 competitions. It's what the owner and chairman state as well. And there is no obligation to any of the teams with European fixtures to deal with, to send out their best players.
Finally I enjoyed and forever will enjoy my League Cup final day at Wembley. It's than that you realize it is indeed still a competition worth getting in to the final. Than again I am of a generation City fans that feels we have some catching up to do after all these years of knowing there was no silverware to be won.

I dont know if its all fixed or not, nothing would surprise me anymore with football after the FIFA debacle and the current state of the FA.

the best way to answer the critics/doubters is to just keep on winning football matches on the field and hopefully win silverware.

Taking this cup serious will cost us dearly there are already too many fixtures due to the international breaks and early season end for WC, getting difficult draws with the increased travelling and reduced preparation time for the games that matter If we beat Leicester then it’s a two leg semi right after the Xmas fixtures, then the ECL starts again Nonsesnse cup that should either be ditched or reformatted to exclude clubs in Europe

Should take all Prem teams out of it which will give Championship teams a decent chance of a day out a Wembley. Like teams lower down the leagues get a chance in the FA Trophy. Obviously would have to take the Europa spot away.

35 years without a trophy, you wont find me turning down the chance to win it. Great competition especially the early rounds when we get to see some young players, also without a reserve league anymore its good for squad players and those coming back from injury to get minutes.

If you want to do well in the Prem and the Chumps then this competition just gets in the way.

Nonsense. We won the league and cup double, Mourinho did it twice with Chelsea as did Ferguson. We also went to the semi-finals of the champions league in the same season we last won it.

Draw looks particularly fishy. Almost as if 4 ‘seeded’ teams including ourselves have been lined up against non seeded & what a surprise the Rags got the lowest rated team

Pep called it, he said there was something wrong with the balls in this competition...

Having watched them struggling to get there hand into a container that wasn't glass fronted I'm left wondering if there was a front and back opening...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.