West Brom (a) pre-match thread

West Brom (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Marvin, but what recent games? Napoli? One of European best teams at the moment? Wolves? With about 7 or 8 changes breaking down a parked bus?
To me that leaves Burnley, one of the best performing away sides at the moment that we beat, what 3-0 with Ederson hardly a save to make?
Unless you are one of several who actually believe we can swipe away every opponent by at least 5 goals or more. The growing proces in to playing the beautiful football Pep likes to see is still ongoing you know? And finally this is the PL, not the best, but surely by far the hardest league for every top team. So every game we win by a big margin and playing beautiful football (it often comes both ways) is a bonus mate. Nothing more but a bonus. It can never be the expectation.
I agree with your comments

Bayern & Barca never had a problem sustaining it through full seasons. Who's to say we couldn't get even better.

The only thing that will hamper us is injuries.

It's KDB mostly I fear that can't sustain this. He is spending himself much more this season. doing more pressing, more defensive work and he had periods last two years when he looked pretty drained.

It's KDB mostly I fear that can't sustain this. He is spending himself much more this season. doing more pressing, more defensive work and he had periods last two years when he looked pretty drained.
We should be wary of burn out - Guardiola rested KDB in midweek. We should take every opportunity to rest him and play players like Bernardo Silva

The problem maybe whether players like B.Silva can in the short term provide the same quality or have the same effect.

We've won titles before with individuals like Kompany, Aguero and Silva making huge contributions throughout the season.

According to Brennan at MUEN, the Baggies should have beaten us in the League Cup game. On that basis, a draw may be the best we can hope for given that Aguero has left his scoring boots on the bus. On a more serious note, I will be delighted with a 1-0 win and no injuries. For those not travelling, have a butchers at BBC2 at 3.30pm and enjoy watching Foden & co. in the World Cup Final live.

Fuck me there’s some dour negative crap on here. Have people been in hibernation for the last 8 months.

We keep the intensity and level of play we have had so far this season and we should win comfortably. If we did draw or lose it’s not title over as some seem to suggest.
It will be on here mate, the meltdown will be spectacular

I think it's a big plus going into this game knowing the result of the rags game... win the next two league games and we will be in a strong position. The boys should be well up for this one
The result of the rags game should have no interest at all to Pep and the team, we will play our game irresepctive

According to Brennan at MUEN, the Baggies should have beaten us in the League Cup game. On that basis, a draw may be the best we can hope for given that Aguero has left his scoring boots on the bus. On a more serious note, I will be delighted with a 1-0 win and no injuries. For those not travelling, have a butchers at BBC2 at 3.30pm and enjoy watching Foden & co. in the World Cup Final live.

Isn’t showing a live football match between the hours of 3pm and 5pm illegal?

Last few seasons WBA have been a good solid team and usually beat one or two of the big boys at home every season. I feel like they're better set up to deal with more physical and direct teams like Chelsea and United though, we have a good record against them. They don't have much acceleration or agility in the back line or midfield to nick the ball off us so we keep it for long spells like a training match, our first goal in the league cup game a good example. Think we need to push hard for an early goal again, can't allow a Pulis team to get comfortable defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.