West Brom post-match thread

Driving home from work at exactly 3pm and the commentator's first observation was that a small group of City fans had ruined the minute silence.
Please tell me that it was blues in the concourse behind the stand, and not in the actual stand itself.
Otherwise, you know how this works.
Yes, it was blues on the concourse.

I often role my eyes when some of our fans cal players on one team or the other hatchetmen or kloggers or whatever other derogatory names fans of top clubs often use in referencing teams that are less fortunate.

But as far as hack jobs go, the McLean fella really is one :( He was in the game for half a minute and tried to take out 3 players. What a dick.
Why he wasn't booked twice and sent off is beyond me.

To be going in to November having not lost a league game, drawing once and taking 28 points out of 30, whilst smashing 35 goals in the process is some achievement. On top of that three wins in Europe, a point of progressing from the group stages and into the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup is one hell of a start.

We controlled the game today and just seemed a bit rattled near the end when Pullis brought that dirty bastard on who tried scything Walker. Other than that even at 60 to 70 percent we still had far too much for the Baggies and should have been out if sight.

The football we are playing at the moment and the effort shown by the players can in no way be questioned. Even the greatest players have games where they aren't as influential and things don't come of for them, but we have so many quality player that it doesn't matter because someone else will do the damage.

The goals we conceded are lapses of concentration, which I'm sure Pep will rectify, but we are not going to be perfect every week no matter how good we are.

Mvp

It is a little disconcerting in that with the massive amount of ball we had we still let The Hawthorns Multi-Storey Car Park First Eleven score twice. Defensive slip ups happen to champions once or twice every ten games. We have two in one game! But three points is three points. I think Pulis seems to have realised that shutting up shop over the last four or five fixtures has rendered sweet fa as far as points go so he might have been a little more ambitious today. The MDC seem to give that impression.
True about slip ups but the flip side is we are always scoring at leat 1 more goal than we concede :)

I never felt there was a nervous moment from the moment City re-took the lead. Otamendi's mistake was a bit of an abbheration but it was right at the death and the defence had been superb through out.

It's laughable to think a player shows clear violent intent on hurting a fellow professional and not so much as a word in the players ear. Walker on the other hand gets his marching orders for turning around into a player, who then goes down like he'd been clothes lined by fucking Hulk Hogan. It's a joke that there's no consistency.

A commanding win even though the scoreline does not reflect our dominance.

How we didn't add to the goal tally in the later stages when we kept sucking WBA and then breaking on them and instead allowed them a comic second is something for Pep to ponder in his search for perfection.

Pity their two goals will mask what was a really good defensive performance for the most part, when it needed to be. We gave the ball away more than I would like but did a fine job of winning it back. We don't have the strongest side physically or the most naturally aggressive but our player battled when they had to against a Pulis side. Great to see Sane haring back at times to try and win the ball back.

Did wonder if their first goal could have been offside?

Think I'll watch GotD before contemplating MotM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.