Huddersfield - on sale Monday

Disagree because I'm usually in the last 10% of ticket sales for the away matches I go to. I usually like to go to about 10 aways a season, but since the £30 price limit came in it's been a lot more difficult to pick and choose which games to go to. I started the season on about 14,600 points and I was missing out so decided to up my game and I am rapidly closing in on 15k points. When I'm over the 15k mark it will become a lot easier to get tickets for anywhere where they give around 3k tickets.
If you haven't got enough points for away games then quite frankly you haven't put in the leg work over the years since the points scheme started. Why should those who have been penalised? I did a break down of my points and the vast majority have come from season card renewal, home games and the cup scheme. So any season card holder can accrue more points from home games.
Got my ticket for Leicester on Friday. Was worried I'd miss out because it was supposed to be the last day of sales. Noticed this morning they are still on sale at 13.5k points tomorrow. Chelsea also went down to 13k points. Anyone who's old enough to have been going to City since the start of the scheme should easily have 13k points.
Only if you are prepared to be blackmailed into paying for Platinum will you have anything like that number (13k) of points

Disagree because I'm usually in the last 10% of ticket sales for the away matches I go to. I usually like to go to about 10 aways a season, but since the £30 price limit came in it's been a lot more difficult to pick and choose which games to go to. I started the season on about 14,600 points and I was missing out so decided to up my game and I am rapidly closing in on 15k points. When I'm over the 15k mark it will become a lot easier to get tickets for anywhere where they give around 3k tickets.
If you haven't got enough points for away games then quite frankly you haven't put in the leg work over the years since the points scheme started. Why should those who have been penalised? I did a break down of my points and the vast majority have come from season card renewal, home games and the cup scheme. So any season card holder can accrue more points from home games.
Got my ticket for Leicester on Friday. Was worried I'd miss out because it was supposed to be the last day of sales. Noticed this morning they are still on sale at 13.5k points tomorrow. Chelsea also went down to 13k points. Anyone who's old enough to have been going to City since the start of the scheme should easily have 13k points.
But when you have 15k points the person who has 16k then has 17k so you are not catching anyone up.
To me i think it's now only fair that a small percentage goes to supporters who have no chance for the next 10 years of obtaining a ticket thru the points system and for me that is thru a ballot system.

went west brom yesterday ticket via my membership of supporters club , went past loads of coaches on way back to car cheltenham and others how do they get enough tickets to fill a coach when our branch only ever gets an handfull of tickets yet apply for every match ?

One change i would implement is that if an away game didn't sell out, like Boro away last season, or West Brom this season in the cup, I would reward those who did go with more loyalty points, or instead of 20, make it 100, that would be an incentive to fill the allocation

No. Sorry, but that is just wrong. I've been going to the only away games I can for a few years now, like Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, all on weekday nights, and it's getting more difficult with every passing year.

Don't kid yourself you can build your points up by buying away tickets, because it's impossible. They are unobtainable for most games.

I've had a seasoncard for 15 years, and earned many points before we left Maine Road, going home and away, as I did for the 30 odd years or so before that.

It's time the away ticket allocation had an overhaul.

The problem is only a few people can now buy tickets, and it's the same few for every game.

I have no idea if they attend the games they buy tickets for, I suspect they don't, but it's wrong only they can buy them to the exclusion of everyone else.

Looking at the fixture list, I'll possibly go to Swansea on the 12th of December, and Leicester when we play them in the cup if tickets are available, but don't tell me that is enough for me to build my points up.

It isn't.

And it never will be.

completely agree with all of that. its become impossible to catch up, even if you go to all the away games that are miles away or no one wants to go to, which i dont think is fair anyway. if your a young person who wants to start going away games, its near enough impossible bar the odd game. i think a percentage of tickets should go to ballot, so more people have a chance.

its the same people buying tickets for every game now, and there points go up, while others have no chance. loyal fans who have been going years deserve the loyalty points, but we need a fairer system.

completely agree with all of that. its become impossible to catch up, even if you go to all the away games that are miles away or no one wants to go to, which i dont think is fair anyway. if your a young person who wants to start going away games, its near enough impossible bar the odd game. i think a percentage of tickets should go to ballot, so more people have a chance.

its the same people buying tickets for every game now, and there points go up, while others have no chance. loyal fans who have been going years deserve the loyalty points, but we need a fairer system.
The best way to demonstrate to the club is for anyone still on platinum and the cup schemes to bin it. I now only attend the odd Chumps league and the money saved goes towards away games that i really fancy e.g. Brighton in August. Brighton got my £200 hospitality- I got most of it back in booze. I know this isn't for everyone, but binning platinum and schemes seems a no brainier for most who don't get away tickets anyway.

Only if you are prepared to be blackmailed into paying for Platinum will you have anything like that number (13k) of points
I don't see why it is blackmail. Everything comes down to money in the end. Going to aways is expensive that's why those on high points have earned it.

But when you have 15k points the person who has 16k then has 17k so you are not catching anyone up.
To me i think it's now only fair that a small percentage goes to supporters who have no chance for the next 10 years of obtaining a ticket thru the points system and for me that is thru a ballot system.
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. But like I said with the percentage thing you propose then I would be one to miss out. Why should i lose out to someone who's not got as many points as me?

The current system acts as a self perpetuating guarantee for those fans, at the top of the pile.

It's undoubtedly flawed, but probably needs tweaking rather than a complete overhaul, the most obvious being that you shouldn't get loyalty points for attending the derby at the swamp.
Similarly, the cup scheme incentives shouldn't involve points for League matches.

Most of the alternatives (ballots, ticket collections) have already been tried elsewhere, and have usually faced strong opposition.
However, It's interesting that the home end didn't look full yesterday. Perhaps if the English could be trusted to not act like complete dicks (United and Chelsea being the biggest culprits) then we might be able to follow the German model, and allow away fans to sit in the home end.

Has anyone got any information about this please? e.g. How are the sales going? I was told that they expect to sell out at 19,000!! However if there are still going to be some available tomorrow afternoon (when I am eligible) it means me cancelling an appointment so that I can get down to the stadium to buy the ticket. Obviously I don't want to do this if the tickets have all gone.................. I went on the (stupid) website to get information and when you click for more information it just stops!!! When can we have an easy to use website!! It took ages to be able to get as far as the ticket section.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.