Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Football365's Mailbox

'Actually, F365 are just pro-Man City

I enjoyed reading this weekend’s 16 Conclusions especially the last part:

* ‘There have been many suggestions this and every other week that this site is somehow collectively anti-Manchester United and pro-Tottenham. Sorry but no. We are pro-football and we are not disappointed that United won this match; we are disappointed that it wasn’t an awful lot of fun.’

This claim may be true but a lot more negative things are said on this site about Manchester Utd (then Arsenal and Liverpool) than any other teams. I get it as they are the most popular English teams by number of fans at home and abroad so anything you write about them will get more clicks and therefore make you more money. However there is one team this site does clearly show bias to and that is Manchester City. This site is so collectively pro City and Guardiola it hard to avoid. I understand this season City have been great however last season they were pretty terrible at times but largely escaped the critique they clearly deserved on this site while other under-performing teams were slated on a weekly basis. It never becomes more evident that in the mailbox. I’ve noticed that if I write in saying negative about City or Guardiola there is a ridiculously high chance it won’t end up in the mailbox. The most damning evidence of this bias was a mail I wrote about Guardiola and Zidane that actually did end up in the mailbox with everything negative about the Spaniard removed. Seems like you can write in dragging Mourinho, Wenger, Man Utd, Arsenal through the dirt but say anything negative about Guardiola or City and it invites censorship. 365 cannot wait to write love letters about David Silva and Aguero complaining about how they never win awards or get the recognition they deserve on these shores but that is the nearest you’ll get to something negative being reported relating to City here.

Unless the powers that be at 365 are City fans or Man City/Guardiola are overly sensitive and will sue anybody who says nasty things about them this makes no sense. Either way this bias needs to stop as it is the only bad thing I can say about this great website and its consistently top quality football journalism.
William, Leicester'

You can really feel their pain. lol

From Football365's Mailbox

'Actually, F365 are just pro-Man City

I enjoyed reading this weekend’s 16 Conclusions especially the last part:

* ‘There have been many suggestions this and every other week that this site is somehow collectively anti-Manchester United and pro-Tottenham. Sorry but no. We are pro-football and we are not disappointed that United won this match; we are disappointed that it wasn’t an awful lot of fun.’

This claim may be true but a lot more negative things are said on this site about Manchester Utd (then Arsenal and Liverpool) than any other teams. I get it as they are the most popular English teams by number of fans at home and abroad so anything you write about them will get more clicks and therefore make you more money. However there is one team this site does clearly show bias to and that is Manchester City. This site is so collectively pro City and Guardiola it hard to avoid. I understand this season City have been great however last season they were pretty terrible at times but largely escaped the critique they clearly deserved on this site while other under-performing teams were slated on a weekly basis. It never becomes more evident that in the mailbox. I’ve noticed that if I write in saying negative about City or Guardiola there is a ridiculously high chance it won’t end up in the mailbox. The most damning evidence of this bias was a mail I wrote about Guardiola and Zidane that actually did end up in the mailbox with everything negative about the Spaniard removed. Seems like you can write in dragging Mourinho, Wenger, Man Utd, Arsenal through the dirt but say anything negative about Guardiola or City and it invites censorship. 365 cannot wait to write love letters about David Silva and Aguero complaining about how they never win awards or get the recognition they deserve on these shores but that is the nearest you’ll get to something negative being reported relating to City here.

Unless the powers that be at 365 are City fans or Man City/Guardiola are overly sensitive and will sue anybody who says nasty things about them this makes no sense. Either way this bias needs to stop as it is the only bad thing I can say about this great website and its consistently top quality football journalism.
William, Leicester'

You can really feel their pain. lol
Maybe he's bitter that snooker doesn't get much press.

Maybe he's bitter that snooker doesn't get much press.

Maybe, but football365 has been amusing reading for the last 4+ weeks or so.

Under nearly every article that mentions City or United, there's usually loads of comments complaining that Pep is getting too much praise and PEG is getting too much stick, and the odd few people saying they are gonna start boycotting the site if it continues.

Maybe, but football365 has been amusing reading for the last 4+ weeks or so.

Under nearly every article that mentions City or United, there's usually loads of comments complaining that Pep is getting too much praise and PEG is getting too much stick, and the odd few people saying they are gonna start boycotting the site if it continues.

It tends to have a lot of mail from abroad praising Utd, and one or two abusive posters who are just repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.