TV Series

If anyone doesn't mind subtitles I recommend the Norwegian series Nobel on Netflix.

Couldn't find an English subbed trailer so this will have to do.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Intrigued by the loser of a title for a tv show i saw in "new Episodes" I gave it a shot in the dark.

Surreal, quirky and funny based on novels written by Hitchikers Guide author Doug Adams.

It wont be every ones cup of tea but i loved it and will be binging later

Intrigued by the loser of a title for a tv show i saw in "new Episodes" I gave it a shot in the dark.

Surreal, quirky and funny based on novels written by Hitchikers Guide author Doug Adams.

Yeah quirky is the word i have for it, i got this for that and one day will watch it. I have most of the wire still to watch first.

Watched the first episode montbs ago and switched off, couldn't take to it.

But I had previously watched the BBC4 version which was excellent so probably taintedy view of this, as I don't think this new version (from what I saw) balanced the strange events with a good old detective yarn, just went for wacky situations to me.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode montbs ago and switched off, couldn't take to it.

But I had previously watched the BBC4 version which was excellent so probably taintedy view of this, as I don't think this new version (from what I saw) balanced the strange events with a good old detective yarn, just went for wacky situations to me.

Not seen the original BBC 4 series, so can't comment. The BBC America series imo concentrated a lot on the supernatural side of things with a lot reverse back story telling of the various parties involved.
A convoluted time travelling yarn was probably a bit of a risk to drag viewers in but i stuck with it due to the great comedy element

Bart and Fiona are a great comedy pairing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.