United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lord talk bout fanboy fiction from Mr Jackson
Marcus Rashford turns 20: how ‘late developer’ grew into a superstar

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ngland?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Brilliant. Presumably Jackson has been sitting there seething with jealousy at the coverage Foden has been getting after actually winning something. I suspect that's why he suggests that the rags protected him from "over exposure" by preventing him playing for England when he was younger. Hilarious. Even funnier is Swain's claim that Rashford made his debut in front if 75000 against FC Midtylland when the crowd was less than 60000 (which is, of course, less than Foden starred in front of at the weekend)

On the other hand, maybe the most telling line is "a player for whom the bidding would start at £80m -plus". Is he the new Cleverley and this is just an advert ?

My lord talk bout fanboy fiction from Mr Jackson
Marcus Rashford turns 20: how ‘late developer’ grew into a superstar

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ngland?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

What the writer appears to have omitted is when the Big Nose Swede returns to action to win the title (hahahahaha) Ugly boy will be lucky to even make the bench at the Swamp , he originally got his break because of the amount of injuries they suffered , and its the only reason he gets a game now.

Brilliant. Presumably Jackson has been sitting there seething with jealousy at the coverage Foden has been getting after actually winning something. I suspect that's why he suggests that the rags protected him from "over exposure" by preventing him playing for England when he was younger. Hilarious. Even funnier is Swain's claim that Rashford made his debut in front if 75000 against FC Midtylland when the crowd was less than 60000 (which is, of course, less than Foden starred in front of at the weekend)

On the other hand, maybe the most telling line is "a player for whom the bidding would start at £80m -plus". Is he the new Cleverley and this is just an advert ?
Or maybe the past couple of years for him have been amazing and now that he’s no longer a teenager it’s worth reflecting. And I’d say he is worth at least £80m in this crazy world where Sigurdsson is 45m and Mbappe greater then 120m.

Or maybe the past couple of years for him have been amazing and now that he’s no longer a teenager it’s worth reflecting. And I’d say he is worth at least £80m in this crazy world where Sigurdsson is 45m and Mbappe greater then 120m.

I think our definitions of "amazing" are different. The point you make about values is one viewpoint and I have no doubt that some desperate club somewhere would stump up more than he is worth but clubs like Sunderland and Everton don't spend those sorts of figures notwithstanding the degree of product placement in the BBC and elsewhere.

It's interesting though, to speculate. One thing you never see, amongst all the sanctimonious hand-wringng about clubs' spending is the value rather than the cost of the players bought. Taking, as a random example, our clubs' most expensive signings. Would you get back the £100m you paid for Pogba ? Would we get back the £55m we paid for Debruyne ? Who could say ?

Only 4 clubs have spent £80M of money on a player. Whether any would offer that for Rashford is just guesswork in comparing him, but then that's what you get from Jackson - fanzine level partisan hype.

I can't see Real, Barcelona or PSG paying that for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.