Napoli (Away) Pre Match Thread

Napoli v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best things about being a fan of a Pep coached side is knowing that they will never show up to play for anything other than a win. City may not win tonight in the end but I am certain that they will only be out there to win - not draw or simply avoid losing. So, a spectacle is virtually assured

Better still, from a neutral, is that Napoli will be going all out to win themselves as anything but 3 points and they are looking at the Europa League

Better still, from a neutral, is that Napoli will be going all out to win themselves as anything but 3 points and they are looking at the Europa League

That's another thing I'm looking forward to - we haven't really played a side yet this season who have gone all out to beat us. Will we be able to dominate possession in our usual way at the San Paolo? If not, will be able to hurt them on the counter? It's going to be a fascinating game, can't wait.

No chance we let this one go tonight. We let the league cup go last season and then seemed to lose all momentum, which at the time time resuscitating United while they were there to finished off.

Tonight is far more important than Sunday. To go over there and do what no English team has ever done would send a clear message round Europe that we are the real deal. Also means if we won that we could rest player against Shakira before a far more important game against the rags.

Arsenal are shite and champions league or not, there should be no excuse for not beating them on Sunday.
That’s whole lotta hip shaking.

Toughest game of the season. Infact, outside of perhaps Spurs and Liverpool away (LFC always raise their game against us at Anfield), we won't face a tougher game unless we draw one of the big 3 + PSG in the CL, and even then non of big 3 look great so far this season.

Can understand the benefits of beating Napoli away in terms of CL belief etc. but in terms of cold hard points the Arsenal game is more important. I worry a bit about tiredness. Few players looked knackered after 60 mins at WBA, esp. KDB.

Would be happy with a draw right now if offered. Finish the job at home to Feyenoord

That's another thing I'm looking forward to - we haven't really played a side yet this season who have gone all out to beat us. Will we be able to dominate possession in our usual way at the San Paolo? If not, will be able to hurt them on the counter? It's going to be a fascinating game, can't wait.

Many interesting battles on/off the pitch tonight which I find riveting. I had only seen Napoli briefly and never for 90 minutes prior to the 1st leg match and left thoroughly impressed. Then throw in playing in front of the Napoli fans at San Paolo and well shit, not sure there will be a bigger occasion all year.

I remember these sort of matches with Pep at Barca, I always felt the team were invincible and wanted the opponent to raise Barca's game and they never disappointed. This will be really the final step City will need to make under Guardiola, fully expressing that confidence & talent to overcome any opponent. I am sure that Pep sees this as a real litmus test for the mental makeup of his players. Win and win convincingly and the footballing world will collectively soil their shorts a bit

These are the games we have to be winning to be really considered serious contenders to win this trophy. Real Madrid went there and ran out 3-1 winners here last season so I don't see any reason why we can't show these a footballing lesson, like we did in that first 40 minutes in the first leg. No disrespect to Napoli, but they're not Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich and we should be looking at winning games like this. They're a great side Napoli, but they don't have that star quality that the Elite Clubs have. Winning would put that issue to bed, and it would be a massive statement of intent from this City side. It's a must win, because as said previously we have Shakhtar in Ukraine in the last game and then United 3 days after. United have a home game and an extra days rest, so in terms of being fresh for that one we need to take all 3 points tonight. Forget the draw, we need the 3 points!

Can't wait for this match, there is going to be some phenomenal football on display tonight. I'll go for a high scoring draw (3-3) or a narrow City win, 4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.